PDA

View Full Version : 2 river C/R's 10-20

Schmed
03-03-2004, 10:41 AM
Hand 1

UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, LP calls, CO calls, button calls, I'm in the SB and complete with QJo, BB checks

Flop

10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I check, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 bets, MP2 calls, LP calls, co folds, button folds, I call, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn

Q /images/graemlins/club.gif

checked to MP1, he bets, MP2 calls, all fold to me, I call, UTG folds.

River

J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check, MP1 bets, mp2 folds, I raise, MP1 folds

Hand 2

I'm UTG with AQo, I raise, EP2 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, LP calls, CO calls, button folds, SB folds, BB calls....(talk about respect /images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Flop

J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks, I check, EP2 bets, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, LP folds, Co calls, I call, BB folds.

Turn

Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I check, EP bets, MP calls, all fold to me I call.

River

4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I check, ep bets, mp folds, I raise, ep calls

Eric P
03-03-2004, 02:21 PM
hand 1: am i insane when i think that you are completlely insane for raising that river, the only time he will even call is when he has a nine in which case he will re-rasie you and you've just lost an extra bet with no upside. Check/call is the play on this hand i think, he will continue on with whatever he had most the time and he probably doesn't have a nine, but he's be hard pressed to call that river raise even with aces.

You also should have bet out on the flop, with nut gut-shot draw and 2 overcards betting is routine (and striaght out of HPFAP) if you get raise that's fine, you juts check/call the hand down. ---- Upon further thinking there might be too many people in the pot for this play, in which case you aren't getting odds for your gut shot so you should fold, if you are going to continue when you hit the queen you should bet the flop.

2nd, hand pretty good although you should raise the turn instead of river

Schmed
03-03-2004, 03:21 PM
I won both but after I was thinking about it I thought exactly what you said in the first hand. My thinking at the time was, 'I know he doesn't have the str8 and if the other caller falls out I have the best hand', the other guy dumped and I wanted to be aggressive. After I was going through the hand in my head and realized how stupid that play was.

I thought the same thing about hand 2 as well. In thinking about that hand after I was kind of patting myself on the back for putting a good read on the bettor and realized I left an extra bet on the table by waiting for the river to C/R. I figured the caller for the flush draw, (he was calling any 2 suited cards), so I should have made the move there.

secret156
03-03-2004, 05:21 PM
Hand 1: you need to either bet out the turn or check-raise right there. I don't like flat calling because you likely have the best hand on the turn, but your hand is vulnerable. Protect it. I don't like the check-raise on the river either. With a board like that (4 cards to a straight), you're not going to get a call unless he can beat your hand.

Hand 2: You need to bet the flop to find out where you stand, and then of course bet the turn as well. But assuming you decided to check-call the flop and check-fold the turn if you didn't improve, you need to check-raise the turn. Again, you have a strong hand, but it's vulnerable, so it's important to check-raise on the turn as opposed to the river.