PDA

View Full Version : "Improve Your Poker" by Ciaffone

sthief09
03-03-2004, 08:01 AM
Has anyone read this book? Is it helpful for limit hold 'em? I heard it's a fantastic book, but I'm a limit player and I'd hate to shell out the money if the book is mainly about no limit. Thanks!

artman
03-03-2004, 10:11 AM
It is a great book for limit. It does have a chapter on no limit but it's mainly limit. Worth the purchase IMO.

Mike Gallo
03-03-2004, 10:35 AM
Has anyone read this book?

I have.

Is it helpful for limit hold 'em?

I found it helpful for all forms of poker.

I heard it's a fantastic book, but I'm a limit player and I'd hate to shell out the money if the book is mainly about no limit.

I would recommend the book.

Al Mirpuri
03-03-2004, 11:09 AM
I have Improve Your Poker by Ciaffone. It will aid your limit HE game immensely.

It has one chapter, comprising a number of essays, on no limit.

If you have an extensive collection of 2+2 books then it will not help you as much as if you did not have an extensive collection of 2+2 books. The law of diminishing returns.

It is a great book; go ahead and purchase it.

RollaJ
03-04-2004, 11:01 AM
I am re-reading this exact book right now, 3rd time. Great book, better than many others I have purchased easily top 10 imho /images/graemlins/wink.gif

JohnG
03-11-2004, 02:20 PM
One of the very best poker books you can buy. Holdem or omaha. Limit or pot limit.

kiddo
03-11-2004, 06:26 PM
I only play limit and here is a lot of good things in Improve your poker. Its a bunch of esasys. Great book.

Also: "Middlelimit holdem poker" by Ciafonne/Brier. Its a deeper book, thicker, better... A lot of hand examples, 400... Both are great books if you are getting tired of readin Sklansky/Malmuth holdem for advanced players.

If you only can afford one book and you are playing limit, "middlelimit" is better, its not essays, its a book going through all the grounds from preflop to river.