PDA

View Full Version : A Couple of Thoughts About Interest Rates, US Peso and Economy

adios
03-03-2004, 02:24 AM
The US $ had a good rally today as Canada cut rates. The rumor is that ECB will do the same soon. I think the 5 year and 10 year Treaurys have really hit a brick wall at around the 3% and 4% level. Interest rates are volaltile. Wouldn't be surprised to see them back up some here. Jobs report on Friday could really be a market mover although I try to stay with my investments but I won't be stubborn either. The economic data was strong this week IMO. ISM manufacturing survey was very positive. Consummer remains strong. Read a story in the WSJ today where manufactures are doing some hiring. Business investment appears to be on the rise. Don't really know but I get a little nervous when my portfolio goes up so easily. It never lasts too long.

As an aside I've been doing some thinking about overweighting your portfolio in one or two stocks and when in theory it should be done. I have an answer but on this I could certainly be wrong so I want to give it some more thought. Stay tuned.

adios
03-05-2004, 10:36 AM
Now more brick wall at 4% on the 10 year now. That sucker has been kick down and put in the dumpster for awhile at least. Awesome, unreal rally right now due to horrid jobs report number. Jobs number not totally unexpected. What is so surprising to me is that so many surprised by it.