PDA

View Full Version : best hand i had tonite and i lost...

anduril
03-03-2004, 12:09 AM
foxwoods 4/8 tonite, game is good, mostly 2/4 players who don't know wtf theyre doing (still trying to bet $2 on the flop). Typical 2/4 player is UTG, not sure why she looks at her cards before the flop because she called everything. Saw her cards when she raised once and she had AKo. Anyway, she raises UTG, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, LP1 calls, SB calls, I call from BB with 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

flop = A /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, I check?, planning to go for a checkraise, UTG checks and its checked around.

turn = 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB bets, I raise?, UTG cold calls, folded to SB who calls.

river = J /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, I bet, UTG raises, SB folds, I think for a minute and just call? Did I screw this up anywhere? results in white:

<font color="white"> SB = QQ
UTG = JJ </font>

Nottom
03-03-2004, 12:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Did I screw this up anywhere?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you didn't 3-bet the river, but I guess that only saved you money here.

The only other questionable spot was the flop, but I think going for the checkraise is the preferred line with the PFR to your immediate left.

Magikist
03-03-2004, 11:58 AM
I think you played it fine, apart from the river. Unless you have a great read, I'd 3-bet there every time. As it is, your read saved you money. Nicely played.

lostinthought
03-03-2004, 12:35 PM
3 bet the river.. you shouldn't feel bad about paying JJ here.. you got rivered.

Checking the flop is fine as you have second nut hand (as of the flop).

It's easy to look back on these situations and say, well if I bet the flop, then JJ would have put me on having an ace and would have folded, etc. etc..
but you played the hand fine.

sthief09
03-03-2004, 12:43 PM
If the UTG called 2 big bets cold on the turn, what makes us believe that she would've folded to one-quarter of that on the flop. You obviously could've collected a lot more bets on this hand, but it's kind of hard to believe that 5 people, including a preflop raisor, won't bet this flop, so I guess the best you can tell yourself is that in the longrun you made money on that hand.