PDA

View Full Version : HU with QQ in the SB

Guido
03-02-2004, 11:18 PM
Paradise Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG raises, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, Hero 3-bets, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets, UTG raises, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG bets, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 9.50 BB, between Hero and UTG.</font>

Should I fold this after the flop raise? Or where would you fold? Or would you call him down?

Guido

Guido
03-03-2004, 01:50 PM
What do you think about this one? Is this player dependent? Would you fold and if so where?

Guido

WDC
03-03-2004, 02:04 PM
It is somewhat player dependant. If the UTG raiser is only an AA KK or AK raiser than it is an easy fold post flop. If he raises with other hands, I might try to three bet the flop to see how he reacts. I would probably fold to the post flop cap.

If he just calls, I probably lead the turn and the river.

sthief09
03-03-2004, 02:13 PM
Let's see what your opponent can and can't possibly have based on this board:
1. He doesn't have a 6
2. He doesn't have a draw
3. He can have AK or KQ
4. He can have JJ-99
5. He can have one overcard like AQ

He might be trying to check-raise you hoping you have AQs or a pair lower than kings and will release it. So it's possible he has a pair lower than the board (JJ-99) or AQ. I think it's more likely he has AK.

Now the pot is pretty small, so you might possibly be able to release it on the flop.

But I think you can find out if you are ahead if you 3-bet the flop. If you do this, then your opponent simply has no choice but to put you on AK, unless he himself has AK, in which case he'll continue to play it aggressively. So you 3-bet, and if he caps, you can fold your hand. I don't think anything less than AK will cap you, just because it's just SO probably to your opponent that you have this hand. If he calls the 3-bet, I think you should bet the turn and river. Unless he turns or rivers top full, you likely won't be raised, even if you are behind.

The only two ways I can see this plan really backfiring are if you have a tricky opponent who will call the 3-bet with AK, then raise you on the turn (I don't know if he will do this since there's no reason to believe 100% you don't have AA), and if your opponent calls the flop 3-bet with AK, thinking he's behind AA, leading you to believe you're ahead.

It also helps to get a read off your opponent. I think calling it down is wrong, because if you 3-bet the flop and your opponent caps, you can be pretty sure that you're behind. The guy would have to be a maniac to cap JJ or AQ on this flop against a SB re-raisor.