PDA

View Full Version : 100 sit n go's on stars....easy at night?

kurtcobain
03-02-2004, 09:21 PM
i'm not a terribly high stakes player...i generally do 3/6 ring games and $30 sngs...a few minutes ago (8pm est) i peeked in on a $100 sng and watched a few hands.

i was kind of shocked at the number of fish there seemed to be. was this a fluke, or are the higher stakes game pretty easy at night when all the businessmen get home?

cferejohn
03-02-2004, 09:39 PM
I've always thought the players were mostly pretty solid, with a smattering of weak players. Most of the poor players at this level tend to make mistakes of aggression (which is probably a better idea in NL than mistakes of passivity).

What specifically did you see that gave you this impression? Was it someone pushing all-in with a marginal hand? Were the blinds high (thus possibly making all-in on any two cards correct from a chip-equity PoV if the blinds are sufficiently tight)?

Not to say that the $100 SnGs are the toughest games in the world, but I play anywhere from $30-200 SnGs (depending on what is filling up) and I've definitely noticed that the play, on average, is definitely better as the stakes go up.

I predominantly play in the very late evening (11 PM PST and later), so maybe we are just seeing different games/players.

kurtcobain
03-04-2004, 12:51 AM
i only saw a few hands, but what made me think there might be some fish out there was two fairly big stacks calling pot sized bets on the flop with flush draws, then both going all-in when the turn was a blank (they were both pot committed, but would have been in decent shape for the rest of the tourney had they folded).