PDA

View Full Version : HULA UPDATES

gonores
03-02-2004, 07:44 PM
Before I go any further…let me say HOLY CRAP. Way to go 2+2. We could not have dreamed of this sort of support for this league. Let’s hope all goes well in HULA I and this becomes a long-standing institution.

All captains and players PM your e-mail address and I will send you signup info. Remember, unless you are planning on playing at TPC regardless of whether or not you get picked, you may want to hold off on your deposit until you are officially on a team.

THE FINAL BLIND STRUCTURE – 600TC, blinds 10/20 to start match. Escalates to 15/30 after 1 hour, 20/40 after 2 hours, and I’d have to double check after that.

We ain’t f-in around here…League starts on Friday, March 5. Week 1 Schedule will be posted after draft is over.

Once again, if you are either a captain or eligible draftee, please PM me with your email address so I can send you signup info.

Draft will start at 8PM Eastern on Thursday, March 4. Captains need to contact me with their draft intentions.

All-star game: Sounds cool. I think we can make that call at the end of the season, though.

This is awesome.

Doug.

Simon Diamond
03-02-2004, 09:32 PM
This is awesome.

Understatement of the year so far. Great work on this!

Simon

gonores
03-03-2004, 08:56 AM
bump

gonores
03-03-2004, 09:49 AM
1 & 16. Havanabanana
2 & 15. Homer
3 & 14. ZeeJustin
4 & 13. Stripsqueez
5 & 12. JTG51
6 & 11. Vehn
7 & 10. GuyonTilt
8 & 9. Robk

Any questions?

Doug

gonores
03-03-2004, 09:53 AM
If you did not send me a PM, but you are not on this list, I am either stalking you or you were on the zoopoker mailing list and I stole your email address.

Acesover8s
Bob L.
Calvin
Catch of the Day
Cjs
Darkknight
Deucesup
Dylan Wade
Fudgenut
HavanaBanana
Itsmarty
James282
Jtf
Krazyace5
LarsR
Livinglegend58
MG in NJ
Mosta
Nate tha Great
NLSoldier
Pokernoob
Pridmore
Pudley4
Robk
Shymon
Spyder
TTT
Ulysses
Vehn
Wayne
Weasel45
ZeeJustin

Questions?

Doug

HavanaBanana
03-03-2004, 09:54 AM
Does this mean 1&16&17&32&33&48&49&64 ?
Pardon my ignorance, but we don't even draft people to the military here /images/graemlins/smile.gif

gonores
03-03-2004, 09:56 AM
Bingo

Joe Tall
03-03-2004, 09:58 AM
#1 pick a Havana? Or are you going to trade down for a future picks in HULA II? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Looks like you've got your picks right.

Peace,
Joe Tall

JTG51
03-03-2004, 01:00 PM
Are you interested in trading any of those picks, Havana?

Joe Tall
03-03-2004, 01:03 PM

Here we go, JTG trading up to get Ulysses, great. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Peace,
Joe Tall

JTG51
03-03-2004, 01:06 PM
How do you know I'm not trying to trade up to get you?

CrackerZack
03-03-2004, 01:08 PM
I'm actually completely intrigued by this draft thing. Its almost like a peer review.

JTG51
03-03-2004, 01:14 PM
Yes, the draft is sure to create some drama.

Joe Tall
03-03-2004, 02:13 PM
How do you know I'm not trying to trade up to get you?

Man, I feel bad for anyone on your team. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Peace,
Joe Tall

Joe Tall
03-03-2004, 02:15 PM
Yes, the draft is sure to create some drama.

Poker players do love drama, don't we!?!? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Peace,
Joe Tall

JTG51
03-03-2004, 02:16 PM
Heh, me too. That's why I'm still trying to get out of being a captain. Any volunteers?

Joe Tall
03-03-2004, 02:22 PM
Heh, me too. That's why I'm still trying to get out of being a captain.

You'll be fine. Use you gut instinct, forget the social implications and build a team. The draft is nothing big as it's all going to change once the deck is shuffled.

Peace,
Joe Tall

gonores
03-03-2004, 02:24 PM
I have a morbid curiosity to see how low I go...especially considering how I have been playing and posting lately...HULA has simply fried my poker brain. I just hope no one takes their "ranking" personally. Actually, being picked after the position I have "ranked" myself at would provide a much-needed poke-with-a-stick that I have to get back into my poker routine and stop slacking on the learning end of things.

For all concerned captains, Spring Break for me is next week, so my brain will get a good rest then...and yes, I will be near a computer for most of the time, so don't worry about me leaving.

Doug

Franchise (TTT)
03-03-2004, 02:29 PM
I get the feeling whoever drafts best is going to win the league. No pressure on the captains or anything. Oh, and I think I'd fare decently against the lower picks from each team...heh heh. Or so I tell myself.

CrackerZack
03-03-2004, 02:29 PM
This intrigues me. Are the entrants locked? I could get motivated to do my own rankings and see how the draft turns out.

gonores
03-03-2004, 02:32 PM
If you're going to do your own rankings, just be a friggin captain and let JTG or Vehn off the hook /images/graemlins/tongue.gif . That's the only real responsibility of the captains....that and recruiting a full-time sub if need be.

JTG51
03-03-2004, 02:33 PM
I think you misunderstood me. I'm not worried about social implications, I'm just lazy.

JTG51
03-03-2004, 02:36 PM
If you're going to do your own rankings, just be a friggin captain and let JTG...off the hook /images/graemlins/tongue.gif .

Fabulous suggestion!

Joe Tall
03-03-2004, 02:38 PM
I'm just lazy

Well, fcuk. I knew that!/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Peace,
Joe Tall

gonores
03-03-2004, 02:41 PM
I misstated in the original post...stakes will start out at 10/20, not blinds. Blinds will start at 5/10.

Doug

Homer
03-03-2004, 03:16 PM
Draft position won't entirely show how good or bad a player someone is. There are some less prominent posters who I think deserve to be chosen in the 2nd or 3rd round, but will likely be listed as 5th or 6th round picks by the other captains, which means that I will get a steal when I draft them in the 4th round. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

CrackerZack
03-03-2004, 03:21 PM
The problem with this is, I'll never be able to see where I was drafted then. Also, after abusing me in the PLHE Zoo tourney there is no way I'm doing anything to make Vehn's life easier. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Also, I will be completely unreachable for nearly 2 full weeks which leaves me and my team (if i were captain) in a precarious position.

Schneids
03-03-2004, 03:25 PM
The way I understand it is that one team's 5th round pick play's the other team's 5th round pick, am I correct?

If this is the case, are captains granted the option of moving players around on their team... say 6th round hit turns out to be a sleeper hit, and is 4-0 after 4 weeks, and the 3rd pick is 0-4. Can the captain shuffle peoples' positions on the team as he sees fit?

Joe Tall
03-03-2004, 03:35 PM
The way I understand it is that one team's 5th round pick play's the other team's 5th round pick, am I correct?

I don't think so. As in such one-one sports the captain can choose to match up any player. They just have to fill the slots. The draft order is arbitrary. Matching an idividual's style/game to anothers, or throwing a hot prospect up against a giant, etc is all part of the competition.

One captain fills out the list 1-9, as the other fills up the list 1-9, usually ranking the players. 1 plays 1, 2 plays 2 etc. If a captain thinks a certain player will be in the #1 and thinks his usual #5 has a style that could take out that #1. The captain could seed that usual #5 in his #1 for that week, hoping his prediction is correct.

Peace,
Joe Tall

HavanaBanana
03-03-2004, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I might be, depending on what offers I get /images/graemlins/smile.gif

J.R.
03-03-2004, 03:41 PM
This is from the original HULA post

"Date and time of any game can be set between the two players, as long as the game is held within the week of the match. Once a time is agreed upon, it will be posted on a designated thread to alert others to the scheduling. Results should be reported right after the match, on another designated thread (we can probably hijack the General HE forum for reporting purposes). Matchups will be set up by league commissioners (Team A’s 3rd draft pick vs. Team B’s 5th draft pick). The final week of the regular season and each playoff week will pit captain vs. captain, 1st round pick vs. 1st round pick, etc."

SoBeDude
03-03-2004, 04:48 PM
there is a heads up forum.

perhaps it would be better to put it in the appropriate forum?

gonores
03-03-2004, 05:36 PM
Scott,

A few problem with that.

-Low traffic in the forum.
-There is a league already going with postings in that forum. I posted in here to avoid a little confusion.

Now that I got this far into the post, I just realized that you're going to give me crap about whatever I say in response to your post, so I can't win...especially considering the fact I don't have time to carry out the argument. I stop now. Feel free to find fallacies in the arguments I don't feel like deleting...I won't respond.

Doug

gonores
03-03-2004, 05:45 PM
Yeah....we set that up so low-rounders can have at least one shot at a big-name player.

Per the usual, if there is an uprising against the scheduling set-up, we will consider changing it.

Please note that the last week of the regular season and the playoffs are captain v captain, 1 v 1, etc.

Doug

gonores
03-03-2004, 06:01 PM
Please pm ASAP

Acesover8s
bicyclekick
Catch of the Day
Darkknight
Daryn
Deucesup
Dylan Wade
Filip
Fudgenut
Itsmarty
karlson
Krazyace5
LarsR
Livinglegend58
Magithighs
Pridmore
Shymon
soda
Spyder
Ulysses
Weasel45
Robk
Vehn
ZeeJustin

Inthacup
03-03-2004, 06:35 PM
Lay off SoBe. This is the general HE forum. I don't think it's inappropriate to post it here.

Cup

BookOfIcculus
03-03-2004, 08:41 PM
This is not going to be funny but.....I just can't help myself.

Maybe we should start a pattern map thread here.

Simon Diamond
03-03-2004, 09:47 PM
One captain fills out the list 1-9, as the other fills up the list 1-9, usually ranking the players. 1 plays 1, 2 plays 2 etc. If a captain thinks a certain player will be in the #1 and thinks his usual #5 has a style that could take out that #1. The captain could seed that usual #5 in his #1 for that week, hoping his prediction is correct.

I like this method, it used to be like this in a Darts league I played in. I always got to play the other teams best player, such is life.

Simon

Dylan Wade
03-03-2004, 10:35 PM
Sorry if this has already been asked...

Is there a cap on raises HU at these tables?

THanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Joe Tall
03-03-2004, 10:46 PM
it used to be like this in a Darts league I played in.

This is exactly how I learned it! Granted I was the 3rd best player back then. /images/graemlins/frown.gif But now, with the board up in my new apartment I'm getting the juices flowing again and I'm a formitable opponent. Not 301, but cricket.

Peace,
Joe Tall

BugsBunny
03-04-2004, 05:02 AM
I'll play either one - but cricket is my game /images/graemlins/smile.gif Was actually - haven't played in a while now - don't ask. Would probably take me a month or so to get back up to speed.

I have a practice board (narrow 2x/3x rings) I should really set up.

daryn
03-04-2004, 12:55 PM
oh man cricket was big a couple semesters ago when i had a beautiful dartboard in the dorm room. with that much practice i even became a member of the triple bull club!

i love cricket

Mike Haven
03-04-2004, 01:55 PM
There are a maximum of five raises on each round.

BugsBunny
03-04-2004, 04:52 PM
But did you ever hit 3 double bulls to pull out a match /images/graemlins/smile.gif