Calvin
Cjs
Darkknight
Simon
NLSoldier
Itsmarty
Nate tha Great
Inthacup

I can't make promises, but I think we can make the teams 9 players deep (8 picks, 1 captain). We have 71 players, so that's 64 players and 7 subs/FAs (I'm leaving room for CZ, who would make 72, to join, since I just questioned his manhood for not joining)

If you are on this list, PM me with your email address so I can send you pertinent signup info.

Updates to come momentarily.

Doug

Ulysses
03-02-2004, 07:36 PM
Joe Tall
The Gift of Gab
Mosta

Joe Tall, it just seems like would be fun to beat, and he probably thinks his LAGish tendencies will somehow help him out playing HU. These other two clowns think they are good just because they have played a little HU. If any of you end up on a different team than me, you're going down. Mark my words.

Joe Tall
03-02-2004, 07:44 PM
I look at the main index of posts...

I see Ulysses has posted in Tex-General with a title of "My First Three Targets"...

My thought, "That motherfcuker beat me to it!" /images/graemlins/grin.gif

You'll be pullng the felt from under your fingernails for a week straight after playing me Ulysses because that's all you'll have left in front of you. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

It's go time! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Love,
Joe Tall

PS: You've got to have JTG as a close 4th! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Schneids
03-02-2004, 07:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You'll be pullng the felt from under your fingernails for a week straight after playing me Ulysses because that's all you'll have left in front of you. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

It's go time! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Peace,
Joe Tall

[/ QUOTE ]

Irony.

Joe Tall
03-02-2004, 07:55 PM

Ulysses
03-02-2004, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
PS: You've got to have JTG as a close 4th! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew something didn't feel right. I just realized the captains aren't in the draft list.

In addition to my initial three targets:

Joe Tall
The Gift of Gab
Mosta

I'm adding the following five to my official target list:

GuyonTilt
ZeeJustin
JTG51
Vehn
Stripsqueez

That makes 8. I'll ponder on which of the many other regular SS/ML/SH posters will be the 9th to fill out my target team.

stripsqueez
03-02-2004, 08:18 PM
could you add daryn and MensaIQ178 to the list

they are definate starters based on the short handed forum thread + my team needs Mensa badly (if pissing people off was an olympic sport he would be first picked for his country - ideal for heads up and no way is my team going to play against him)

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

gonores
03-02-2004, 08:21 PM
I asked Daryn to be a captain, and he never got back to me...so he can't claim ignorance to the thread. Mensa mocked our league a little while ago, and I doubt he would want to play.

Not that I don't want them, but it seems like they don't want to play.

Rugbyrat
03-02-2004, 08:21 PM

stripsqueez
03-02-2004, 08:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That makes 8. I'll ponder on which of the many other regular SS/ML/SH posters will be the 9th to fill out my target team

[/ QUOTE ]

yap yap yap - like a chihuahua on heat

if i dont draft you big U you can be sure your scalp will be extra points in my team

stripsqueez
03-02-2004, 08:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Mensa mocked our league a little while ago

[/ QUOTE ]

thats a shock

i will pm them both asking them to confirm with you

bicyclekick
03-02-2004, 09:03 PM
Would you add me to that list, too, please?

gonores
03-02-2004, 09:27 PM
I cut off the signup 48 before the draft for the sake of the captains, so they could do their draft research without being ever-vigilant of new signups. I also wanted a little bit of space between the signup close and the start of the league because I'm a little busy this week and could use a little slack time...but it looks like it's not all that hard to add signups to the mailing lists and get info out to the masses as necessary. I'll run it by the captains and decide whether or not we should open it back up.

Whadda say, captains? Extend it another day? Up to draft time?

Doug

BookOfIcculus
03-02-2004, 09:52 PM
So tell me are you gonna do something or are you gonna just stand there and bleed?
Edited to say this should be regarding Ulysess

Clarkmeister
03-02-2004, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If any of you end up on a different team than me, you're going down. Mark my words.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would seem rather obvious.

GuyOnTilt
03-02-2004, 10:01 PM
I'm adding the following five to my official target list:

GuyonTilt
ZeeJustin
JTG51
Vehn
Stripsqueez

I guess this works out nicely, since we talked about doing a HU freezout a while back. The nice thing is that the whole forum will get to hear of me absolutely DOMINATING you come game time. You ain't got nothin' on me, sucker. Ulysses, Shmulysses...

GoT

CrackerZack
03-02-2004, 10:37 PM
If its not too late, include me in my reserved spot. Sorry for delay. Work was hell and caused me to go off for no reason in the zoo. I didn't have time to read 4 pages of posts. Time to do that now.

ZeeJustin
03-02-2004, 10:53 PM
Most people wait to find out who their teammates are before picking their targets /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

daryn
03-02-2004, 11:40 PM
i'm looking to get in on this

daryn
03-02-2004, 11:43 PM
sorry gonores, didn't mean to ignore your PM, meant to reply and say that i would definitely want to play. i have been busy working on my website lately and there are a bunch of things that have been falling through the cracks..

so yeah, i would definitely enjoy being a part of this, not as captain but as a draftee

The Gift Of Gab
03-02-2004, 11:57 PM
Talking smack already? Hey, I understand completely. There's nothing wrong with having to psyche yourself up. Hell, I'd be scared to play me too.

I suggest we put a bottle of some fine single malt beverage on the line for the winner to enjoy along with eternal bragging rights.

gonores
03-03-2004, 12:06 AM
dude....I don't know how we are going to get all these matchups set up. There are going to be 56 or 72 players in this league, and Ulysses only has a shot at 8-10 of them.

daryn
03-03-2004, 12:15 AM
i'll challenge all the rest /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Homer
03-03-2004, 12:20 AM
When is the draft going to be? I need some time to figure out who everyone is...

gonores
03-03-2004, 12:23 AM
Thursday night 7pm Eastern

J_V
03-03-2004, 12:40 AM
You better hope your'e captain, otherwise it'll be just like your P.E. classes. Last pick /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

gonores
03-03-2004, 12:44 AM
Is this post really directed at me? I've always wanted a rival on 2+2...just, you know...I wish it could be someone I could beat...not someone good. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers.

daryn
03-03-2004, 12:51 AM
you've always wanted a rival on 2+2? just have one of mine! take your pick:

vehn
nottom
rusty jedi
wake up call
the list goes on...

J_V
03-03-2004, 01:13 AM
No, it was meant for Ulysses....my bad.

Ulysses
03-03-2004, 01:31 AM
Nice job replying to the wrong message, moron. Does this mean you're in as well? Good times.

Ulysses
03-03-2004, 01:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I suggest we put a bottle of some fine single malt beverage on the line for the winner to enjoy along with eternal bragging rights.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not betting against you until I get that damn $100!!!!!!!

Diplomat
03-03-2004, 03:52 AM
What the frig is this? If it is what I think it is, will there be room for spectator seats and a popcorn vendor?

-Diplomat

Diplomat
03-03-2004, 03:57 AM
Nevermind, I just read the string that came before this.

I still want to watch. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Diplomat

J_V
03-03-2004, 04:16 AM
Touche'. I blew it.

As for playing. Officially I'm gonna hide behind the guise that I'm not gonna have time.
But I'm sure the true pundits realize that I just stink...and get queazy when I have less than AK.

rusty JEDI
03-03-2004, 06:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you've always wanted a rival on 2+2? just have one of mine! take your pick:

vehn
nottom
rusty jedi
wake up call
the list goes on...

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont have a problem with you. Maybe i have some memory loss, but i think it was just that damn taco. Anyway, you wont get your shot at me here, because pokerclub wont allow Canadians.

In fact i dont think i have a problem with anyone. Some have problems with me *cough* Joe Tall *cough* but generally i like everyone.

rJ

gonores
03-03-2004, 09:31 AM
Two players were left off (to the best of my knowledge) from the original list. These players were not late comers....there were just administration errors.

CrackerZack
MG in NJ

gonores
03-03-2004, 09:46 AM
The following players compose the entire list of late signups. If you are supposed to be on here or want to be on here, respond to this message.

Bicyclekick
Magithighs
Filip
Daryn
Karlson
Soda

These players are not guaranteed entry. If any captains wish to maintain the current 5pm yesterday cutoff, these players will not be allowed in. Otherwise, I am cutting off the draft sign up at 12pm central today and letting these players in to the draft...at that point, I am sorry, but i am becoming a hardass. I need to time to finalize mailing lists and get signup info out, and captains need time to figure out their draft strategy.

Doug

gonores
03-03-2004, 10:27 AM
MG in NJ is off the list, and is going back to college. He is uneligible.

Filip
03-03-2004, 02:08 PM
Well i was supposed to signup yesterday but i was sick as a dog and wasnt even able to play poker(!!)

gonores
03-03-2004, 02:18 PM
OK....I am cutting off the draft signup now.

Don't take it personally if I tell you that you can't get in anymore...it's simply infeasible for me to allow anyone else in.

8 rounds of draft tomorrow night at 7pm Eastern. 64 players to be picked.

If you can't piece together who is all eligible, I will post a very final draft list tonight, when I am back my original computer.

Doug

Nate tha' Great
03-03-2004, 02:24 PM
It would probably be very helpful for each team to draft an alternate.

gonores
03-03-2004, 02:30 PM
Nate,

The alternate/sub/Free Agent thing is all set up. See my response to pudley in the main signup thread. We want to make sure that most if not all undrafted players get a chance to play, not to mention there is a question of how to take care of the money concerns if a player is tied only to one team.

Doug

gonores
03-03-2004, 02:41 PM
Festus22's mama wants him to stay in school. He has withdrawn.

Mike Gallo
03-03-2004, 02:53 PM
MG in NJ is off the list, and is going back to college. He is uneligible.

Sorry guys, my education comes first. I can act as a mascot, however I have to revoke my eligibility.

Good luck to all.

Festus22
03-03-2004, 02:54 PM
Grrrrrrrrrr!!!

Actually, I just found out I'll have full time custody of my kids for the next few months. Tough choice - kids or poker?, kids or poker? - NOT!

As I told Doug, I think I can sneak in a sub match or two if anyone needs it. Just something to keep in mind.

GL everyone.

Ulysses
03-03-2004, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tough choice - kids or poker?, kids or poker? - NOT!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, easy decision there. So what are the kids going to do while you're playing poker?

mosta
03-03-2004, 03:08 PM
I think you remember the result of our last HU encounter--don't you?...

I don't, actually. nothing after the first bottle and putting you in a very deep hole. how'd it end again?

Diplomat
03-03-2004, 03:09 PM
Now you just need a bookie to start the side bets. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Diplomat