PDA

View Full Version : Heads up JJ hand

DOTTT
03-02-2004, 05:54 PM
Heads up in a $200 sng a Party. Blinds at 300/600 you have 5700 after posting the sb. Your opponet has 3400 after putting in the bb. He's been aggreasive but not a maniac. You pick up JJ, what's your play?

foobar
03-02-2004, 06:06 PM
Personally I couldn't be more excited to see a hand like this HU and I'm trying to get all my money in. Your stack is big enough so that you can put in a standard 3xBB raise preflop: this makes him commit about half his stack, so chances are good he folds and you take down the blinds, or pushes giving you an easy call coming in ahead w/ no decision. On the off chance that he calls, my play is to push on any flop w/out an A or K.

In the small likelyhood that you get to a flop w/out all the chips in the middle and an A or K comes out, I probably let my jacks go and give him the pot w/ any bet. Sucks to not have your Jacks payoff here, but your preflop bet leaves stacks close enough to even that you can easily back off if you get scared by the flop.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers.

Bozeman
03-03-2004, 03:39 AM
I might limp and push occasionally here, but a pot-committing raise is usually better.

If you raise 3x, he calls, I don't think you can get away from any flop, though AKx might do it against some opponents.

Craig