PDA

View Full Version : Middle boat against a loosey

Glurfle
03-02-2004, 04:37 PM
Party 2/4. EP is tilting jerk sitting with 12K at the table. He's fairly tight preflop, but hangs on too long postflop with weak draws hoping to suck out on all the "idiots" at the table. MP is really loose, but not really aggressive. He hasn't gotten way out of line yet.

Preflop: EP limps, MP limps, LP limps, I complete the SB with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, BB checks. 5 players, 5 SB.

Flop: 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check, BB checks, EP bets, MP calls, LP folds, I check-raise, BB folds, EP and MP call. 3 players, 5 BB.

Turn: 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Lovely. I bet, EP calls, MP raises, I 3-bet, EP folds, MP caps. I think EP would have called one more bet here with something like a gutshot or an overpair. I was hoping he'd have something worth calling 2, but alas, no. Heads up, 14 BB.

River: K/images/graemlins/club.gif I bet, MP raises, I...

MP is hard to read here. I haven't seen him 3-bet or cap anything before, but that's partly because no one at the table's been very aggressive, so I don't think I've seen anyone 3-bet him at all. Possible holdings for him include AA, KK, AdKd, none of which he'd raise preflop, Adxd, 66, 65, 43, 22, 62s, a bare 6, plus possibly others. I really have no idea what his standards for capping the turn are, but I think it's likely the 6 either helped him or he was slowplaying a straight. When he raises the river, I give him enough credit to put him on at least a high flush, more likely a boat of some sort. 3-bet or call? How close is this?

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
03-02-2004, 06:20 PM
3-bet, and it's not close. It's most likely your opponent hit the ace-high flush on the turn (maybe even Ad6d). I don't fear 66 here.

Gonzoman
03-02-2004, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3-bet, and it's not close. It's most likely your opponent hit the ace-high flush on the turn (maybe even Ad6d). I don't fear 66 here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Make sure you get a deck change after the hand if he does have Ad6d, and yeah, 3-bet.

Bob T.
03-02-2004, 07:18 PM
Given that you opponent is really loose, you could be ahead or behind here. His most likely hand is Ax of diamonds, but you could be up against a bigger full house also, or even a straight flush. Loose players tend to overplay moderately big hands, like flushes on paired boards, so I would go ahead and 3bet, and make a crying call if he 4bets.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.

Glurfle
03-04-2004, 12:30 PM
I 3-bet fairly quickly, thinking "This is going to suck if he caps", he immediately caps...and shows 22 for the underboat. Sweet. Apparently we both thought the other was overplaying a flush.