PDA

View Full Version : A QQ hand

Nottom
03-02-2004, 04:09 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold 'Em (10 handed) converter (http://www.stompandcrush.com/cgi-bin/hhparser.cgi)

Preflop: Nottom is MP2 with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP1 posts a blind of $3.
UTG calls, UTG+1 raises, UTG+2 folds, MP1 (poster) folds, Nottom 3-bets, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 caps, Nottom calls, CO calls, SB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (22 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 bets, Nottom raises, CO 3-bets, SB calls $2 (All-In), UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, Nottom calls.

Turn: (14.83 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Nottom checks, CO bets, Nottom calls.

River: (16.83 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Nottom bets, CO raises, Nottom calls.

Final Pot: 20.83 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 12.33 BB, between Nottom, CO and SB.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 8.50 BB, between Nottom and CO.</font>

J.R.
03-02-2004, 04:40 PM
I would wait to the turn to pop it, hoping I got bet into again. The pot is huge (capped five ways) and your hand is vulnerable with the monotone, semi-connected flop and four opponents.

I really don't like the bet-call a raise on the river, and since I couldn't fold here I think I would check-call the river.

Joe Tall
03-02-2004, 04:45 PM
I would have c/r the turn and surely wouldn't not have bet this river. Checking and calling the river seems best.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Nottom
03-02-2004, 04:56 PM
I certainly didn't like being raised, but I think I have value in my river bet. I will almost certainly get called by the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif and a smaller overpair with a spade is a reasonable holding for this player as well I believe.

I wasn't particularly concerned about a Flush or Boat considering this player called 3-bets preflop and 3-bet the flop. If he had the flush it would almost certainly be with AKs or AQs and most wouldn't want to show that much aggression on the flop with the nuts. Of course giving my opponents credit for not being retarded tends to get me in trouble at times.

J.R.
03-02-2004, 05:07 PM
Those seem like reasons to bet the turn as well.

While there may be worse hands that will call a river bet, since you intended to pay off a raise and the pocket pair + spade would have likely bet the river given the aggression up to that point, is there value in a bet intending to pay off a raise? If this opponent 3-bet the flop and bet the turn with the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif would they still fire one more (as hopeless as it may seem) on the river? You don't miss that many bets when you are ahead and check but you lose 2 bets when you are behind, which seems kind likely given the play so far.

Gramps
03-02-2004, 07:16 PM
Called 3 cold PF, I'm guessing he turned over A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif, or A /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Unless CO is a player who would just call 3 with KK. Seems a little strong for JJ with the EP raise and your 3-bet, but I guess that's possible too. Or another QQ.

I'd also check-call the River. All indications are there's a good chance you're getting raised here by a better hand, and you're not laying this hand down. Besides, if he is playing the A /images/graemlins/spade.gifx strongly, you'll probably induce a bluff, whereas he may fold to a bet.