PDA

View Full Version : Moving up to 3/6, first hand I played out of the blinds

Guido
03-02-2004, 12:09 PM
Paradise Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 raises, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Hero 3-bets, SB folds, BB calls, MP1 caps, MP3 calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (16.33 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 bets, MP3 calls, Hero raises, BB folds, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (11.16 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets, MP1 folds, MP3 calls.

River: (13.16 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP3 folds.

Final Pot: 13.16 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 13.16 BB, overbet by Hero.</font>

I like this game /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Alobar
03-02-2004, 12:25 PM
lol, I love it when they do that

Guido
03-02-2004, 12:31 PM
Me too, especially when it's your first hand you ever played at this level.

sthief09
03-02-2004, 12:53 PM
It's also kinda nice to know that you can still outplay em /images/graemlins/grin.gif congrats

Guido
03-02-2004, 12:59 PM
Yes, I've played for one hour now and I'm up 6$ so I make 1BB/hour at these tables /images/graemlins/grin.gif

GuyOnTilt
03-02-2004, 01:00 PM
Hey Guido,

You missed a value bet on the end.

GoT

PS. Congrats on your move up to 3/6!

Guido
03-02-2004, 01:16 PM
Arg, didn't notice /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Thanks, I won't be playing there all the time but I saw a juicy one and thought I would give it a try. One guy called everything and I even saw him raise with Q2o /images/graemlins/grin.gif. An other was calling station so it was just perfect for me. About 10BB per hand on average and that's a lot at Paradise.
Yesterday I wanted to start all over again at Party and deposited 100$ but lost about 40$ in 2.5 hours by playing 3 0.5/1 tables. I wanted to double that and everytime I would do that I would move up but now I'm not so sure if I can do that. At Paradise not 6 or 7 players see the flop and AA and KK win more often. Perhaps I don't win as much as at Party when I win but I certainly win more hands. How does the rest feel about this?

Guido

Alobar
03-02-2004, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wanted to double that and everytime I would do that I would move up but now I'm not so sure if I can do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Im understanding correctly, you want to move up a limit every time you double up? I think thats a recipe for disaster, you will end up at 3/6 with only $800, which isnt enough if your going to be playing 3 tables at once.

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps I don't win as much as at Party when I win but I certainly win more hands. How does the rest feel about this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Rake wise its to your advantage to win fewer pots but have them be very large, than to win lots of pots that are small.

Guido
03-02-2004, 03:20 PM
If I only start with a 100$ I can only lose that but I will probably stick longer at each limit. I'm not going to play at 3 tables at once at Party. I intended to play at two or three tables at Paradise and 1 at Party. I can always go down...

I don't win lots of pots which are small. I just win more pots which are not huge, just big. At Paradise I make between 1.4 and 1.7BB/Hr/table at 2/4. Playing 3 tables at the same time. I think this can go up because at 0.5/1 I made about 5BB/Hr/table and at 1/2 about 2BB/Hr/table.

I wanted to play at Party because of the rake rebates but I heard about this too late. When somebody offered me to play at Empire with him as my affiliate something went wrong and I wasn't assigned to him. I haven't played there since and went to Paradise which has been the best site for me until now.

Guido