PDA

View Full Version : 2+2BattleOfTheBay-March 13, 2004

Garland
03-01-2004, 10:54 PM
The date and time is set! March 13, 2004 4PM at Dan S's house in the Oakland Hills. This is a 2+2 (w/ guest) invitational event. A NL tournament is tentatively scheduled for 7PM.

We already have an interest list going:

Garland - Coordinator
Dan S - Host
sam h
karlson
haakee
Fianchetto
bisonbison
TJSWAN
DiamondDave
WillMagic
yenforyen
The Gift of Gab
batman
Avarice
M2D
webiggy
Ulysses
AJ Sucker

But now we need to RSVP people as Dan S has mentioned that he'd like to keep the event from exceeding 20 people. I think it's only fair people should bring something to this event as Dan S has been so kind as to let us use his place. So people who for sure are attending need to email me at gdchan2@yahoo.com with the following information (please copy and paste):

Your 2+2 username:
How many guests are you bringing?:
What will you bring to eat or drink?:
Will you bring a set of poker chips? (Yes/No):
Will you bring a poker table? (Yes/No):
Will you participate in the tournament? (Yes/No):

I will take your email and send out updates to everyone who confirmed. These are the people I will send Dan S's address, phone number and email address to. As a courtesy to Dan S and everyone else involved, please only email if you know you're going for sure. I will take the first 20 names and make an alternate list. In addition, I will post updates to the RSVP list every day or so on 2+2.

Thanks,

Garland

Garland
03-01-2004, 11:21 PM
I forgot to mention that this is a 21 or older event.

Garland

DanS
03-02-2004, 06:59 PM
Garland,
Thanks for the hard work. Unfortunately, your list is not really complete. Here's the requisite additions:

haakee- donator
bad beetz- tilt-o-matic

Now the list is complete.

Dan

Garland
03-03-2004, 12:25 AM
Hello,

The following are RSVPed to the Battle of the Bay event:

Dan S - Host
Garland - Coordinator
TJSWAN
karlson
sam h (+1 Guest?)

This makes 6 spots taken and 14 spots to go. If you intend to go, please go to the root of the thread and email me the requisite information.

Thanks,

Garland

M2d
03-03-2004, 01:18 AM
Garland (and Dan)
thanks for the effort, but that's the day (out of the two options) that I can't make it. Please take me off the list, but keep me on the mailing list for the next one.
thanks

Garland
03-04-2004, 07:31 PM
Hello,

Dan S - Host
Garland - Coordinator
TJSWAN
karlson
sam h (+1 Guest?)
DiamondDave (+1 Guest?)
Sossman
Fianchetto
Gramps
Stupid Sucker (+1 Guest?)

Note: I'm only counting the confirmed guests from now on.

This makes 10 spots taken and 10 spots to go. If you intend to go, please go to the root of the thread and email me the requisite information.

Thanks,

Garland

thirddan
03-04-2004, 07:44 PM
/images/graemlins/frown.gif, perhaps next time, after say, oh i don't know...June 27???

jmark
03-05-2004, 03:40 PM
Apologies if I missed this somewhere, but what's the buy-in for the tournament?

DanS
03-06-2004, 10:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hello,

Dan S - Host
Garland - Coordinator
TJSWAN
karlson
sam h (+1 Guest?)
DiamondDave (+1 Guest?)
Sossman
Fianchetto
Gramps

This makes 10 spots taken and 10 spots to go. If you intend to go, please go to the root of the thread and email me the requisite information.

Thanks,

Garland

[/ QUOTE ]

Who else do we potentially have?:

Bisonbison
Ulysses
Is "Stupid Sucker" actually J.A. Sucker, Garland?

There's so damn many Cal/Stanford grads/attendees at this game it's like the Big, uh, Card Game.

Is anybody confirmed as a "no" besides:

thirddan
M2D
cferejohn

P.S. We were thinking $50 or so for the tournament.

Garland
03-07-2004, 02:37 AM
Hello,

Dan S - Host
Garland - Coordinator
TJSWAN
karlson
sam h (+1 Guest?)
DiamondDave (+1 Guest?)
Sossman
Fianchetto
Gramps
JimandAnne

This makes 11 spots taken and 9 spots left. If you intend to go, please go to the root of the thread and email me the requisite information.

Thanks,

Garland

Garland
03-11-2004, 12:14 AM
Looks like we have about 11 to 14 players. It's the last few days and there are a few spots remaining, so if you'd like to lock up a seat, go to the root thread and give me a holler!

Garland

DanS
03-11-2004, 05:39 PM
Are haakee and bad beetz in, Garland?

Dan

Analyst
03-11-2004, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

There's so damn many Cal/Stanford grads/attendees at this game it's like the Big, uh, Card Game.

We were thinking $50 or so for the tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most Cal "grads" probably don't have the $50. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Garland
03-12-2004, 03:07 AM
Hello,

Dan S - Host
Garland - Coordinator
TJSWAN
karlson
sam h (+1 Guest?)
DiamondDave (+1 Guest?)
Sossman
Fianchetto
Gramps
Stupid Sucker
JimandAnne
BennEubank

This makes 12 spots taken and 8 spots left. If you intend to go, please go to the root of the thread and email me the requisite information.

Thanks,

Garland

Franchise (TTT)
03-12-2004, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All they need is a cup and a sign...

Analyst
03-12-2004, 10:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All they need is a cup and a sign...

[/ QUOTE ]

That assumes they can spell!

Gramps
03-13-2004, 12:00 AM
I'm a Cal grad, that's where I learned to spell Stanfurd.

thirddan
03-16-2004, 06:18 PM
perhaps i missed them, but are there no stories from the tourney?????

DiamondDave
03-16-2004, 06:49 PM
BennEubank came in third. He's a really tough NL player. In the first hand I played, I flopped a nice pair and raised him. He called and moved in on the turn. I folded. He said he had the nut straight.

Fianchetto came in second, due to or in spite of the fact that he only played like 4 hands.

Gramps won the tourney. I think it was because he only played 3 hands, during one of which he took the rest of my tournament chips.

Gramps
03-16-2004, 08:25 PM
I attribute my tightness to living through hard times in the Great Depression. I even pussed out and folded AK while in 2nd chip position early, as I didn't want to take on chipleader BennEubank and his big stack after he made a sizable open-raise. Seemed like a bad idea 1/2 hour later after I got short-stacked, but I hung on and lucked out in the end.

As far as bad beats in the Tourney, SossMan hit his open-end straight on the River...to be busted out by an already made full house of BennEubank's.

And then Fianchetto, shortstacked, moved all in with his mighty 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif...was up against Dan S.'s A /images/graemlins/club.gifA...flop comes Q-8-5, two clubs...club on the Turn, no club on the River.

Last hand Fianchetto goes all in short-stacked with Q2o, I look down and find JJ, it holds up. Now, if he had had a SUITED DEUCE, I think it would have been another story...

Garland
03-17-2004, 01:02 AM
I had a great time. I thought this would be a tight no-action table. I was 100% wrong!

The tournament was a big success, and we got along swimmingly. The best part was when we decided to play mostly $1/$2 no limit hold em. I survived by playing tight and not getting sucked out on. Others...were not so fortunate /images/graemlins/laugh.gif. All in all, I think it was a great time had by all, even those who lost. I think that's what's important.

Thanks for everyone who attended, and I hope to do this again in a few months!

Garland