PDA

View Full Version : Online PLO -- Double Suited Aces Hand #2

El Dukie
03-01-2004, 08:33 PM
See Hand #1 for a bit of background....

This hand is at a different table than the first. I'm in the cutoff seat with a $15 stack. I'm dealt A /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif. Once again, I'd prefer to have AATJds, but I'm not going to complain with this hand. There's one EP limper, and then a player in Middle Position raises the pot to $2.25. This player had recently (for about the past five or six hands) begun raising preflop every hand. And I do mean every hand. He had about $60 in front of him, but I didn't really have a lot of respect for his raise. Again, since I saw the opportunity to isolate with the best hand, I popped him back for a pot-sized reraise, making it $8 to go. It's folded back around to him. He calls. One important difference from hand #1 is that this time I have position.

The flop comes K /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, giving me just the overpair and some lousy backdoor draws. He checks. I figure I'm pretty much pot-committed again, and since we're heads-up, I go ahead and bet my last $7, which is just under 1/2 the pot. He calls.

Turn is 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, river is 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, giving me the nuts. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

He turns over Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, meaning that he called my flop bet with just the Queens and no realistic draws apart from runner-runner.

Was the flop bet appropriate, given that I really had nothing other than the overpair? The board was nice and raggedy, so I didn't think he was likely to have two pair, but again, he'd been raising every hand so there was no real way to gauge what he had.

Thoughts?

Your Mom
03-03-2004, 08:05 PM
I don't know much about this game but I don't see any other choice here. If he bets, you surely will call with those pot odds. Likely, you are still ahead so move in.