PDA

View Full Version : A question on ranking systems.

deacsoft
03-01-2004, 07:21 PM
I am looking for the best possible ranking system. Anyone who already knows of or can think of one for tournament play please feel free to reply with any thoughts. "I've been thinking a lot about a way to rank players (especially with tournaments), and I think the way that Pokerstars does it is flawed, since it weighs heavily for those players who are playing 40-50 tourneys a week. If I play 2 tournaments and win one, the person who plays 50 tournaments and wins two will be ranked higher. There has to be a way to set it up like a batting average." Please be serious and as detailed as possible. Thanks everyone, and good luck at the tables.

Simon Diamond
03-02-2004, 10:25 AM
Most rankings systems are flawed in some way or another. You have to remember that Poker Stars want players to have to play lots of tournaments in order to attain a high ranking. The more players in their tournaments, the better it is for them.

Also, are you trying to suggest somebody who wins 1 tournament from 2 starts should be ranked higher than somebody who wins twice from 50 starts? It seems like an over exaggerated example to me.

Simon

deacsoft
03-02-2004, 12:53 PM
It is a very over exaggerated example. Just trying to get the main idea out there that there has to be a better method. One that will be fair to players of all bankrolls and time available to play.