PDA

View Full Version : Party 30/60 I play KK really weirdly

AJo Go All In
03-01-2004, 06:44 PM
Party Poker 30/60 Hold 'Em (9 handed) converter (http://www.stompandcrush.com/cgi-bin/hhparser.cgi)

Preflop: AJo is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, AJo calls, MP2 folds, MP3 raises, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, AJo calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
AJo checks, MP3 bets, AJo calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
AJo checks, MP3 bets, AJo calls.

River: (5.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
AJo bets, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
AJo shows Ks Kd (one pair, kings).
MP3 shows Js Qs (one pair, queens).
Outcome: AJo wins 7.75 BB. </font>

SoBeDude
03-01-2004, 07:32 PM
I'm guessing you didn't limp-cap to disguise your hand.

Then, you were planning on raising the turn, but when the ace came it slowed you down?

I like the river bet.

-Scott

Manzanita
03-01-2004, 07:44 PM
AJo,

In the subject line, rather than "weirdly" I'm tempted to use the adjective "poorly". You don't get hands like KK every day. So when you do, I think that it's crucial to maximize your profit -- especially in post-flop heads-up play when aggressive play is expected (and rewarded).

-- Manzanita

AJo Go All In
03-01-2004, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You don't get hands like KK every day.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't? Wow, I must be running good then.

As Sobe figured out, I was going to check-raise the turn, but the ace changed my plans. As a side note, i found the 30 game particularly less crazy aggressive than the 15.

secret156
03-02-2004, 07:33 PM
I hate how you played this on every single street. First of all, why didn't you at least limp re-raise pre-flop? If you're going to limp with KK, you should at least re-raise after someone raises. But OK, let's assume you're trying to be extra tricky and sacrificing value pre-flop in the hope of getting extra money later. So then why are you flat calling the flop instead of check-raising right there? The problem is that now you're stuck when the turn comes. You are afraid of the ace (as you should be), so you're forced to again check-call.

But I think the biggest mistake comes on the river. Why are you betting into him? Do you think he'll call with less than an A? That is, will he call with a pair like JJ? If he's any good, he probably won't. I don't think there's any value in betting this on the river. If he calls, you lose.

astroglide
03-02-2004, 07:42 PM
i think he played it fine. flat calling on the flop was to set up a turn raise. it is reasonable to call the turn and not fear an ace, as if his exact opponent holds 1 and the others were not distributed it leaves only 3 in the deck. since the ace came, he cannot checkraise. the bet on the river will get a call from most aces and worse hands. single aces are usually scared to raise the river here.

AJo Go All In
03-02-2004, 09:02 PM
this is about right.

i didn't check-raise the flop because heads up, players in that game (and in party 15) will bet again on the turn heads up about 95% of the time.

also, while check-raising the turn looks like a monster in 5/10, it looks like a bluff here, i think. which is what i want it to look like.