PDA

View Full Version : Farha's call of Dutch

Tyler Durden
03-01-2004, 06:09 PM
After Dutch bluffed off an assload of chips vs. Chris Moneymaker he made a move with 55. Sam Farha called him with K2s. As he decided to call he said "okay let's gamble." He was really gambling there.

Daliman
03-01-2004, 06:15 PM
he was, nut i don't think it cost him a heck of a lot to call, and fishy as it was, i think it was less than 10% of his stack. ANy more, and it's a terrible call.

NaobisDad
03-01-2004, 06:32 PM
I've been studying the WSOP shows, and with the cards on the screen its hard to áppreciate some of the plays. But something that strikes me, and of course I know they're top players, is that they make some incredible calls.

Calling a big raise with 33 with nothing but overcards on the flop, etc.

Fahra's play would fall in a similar category. My point is, I find it hard to distinguish genious from gambling.

Stew
03-01-2004, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've been studying the WSOP shows, and with the cards on the screen its hard to áppreciate some of the plays. But something that strikes me, and of course I know they're top players, is that they make some incredible calls.

Calling a big raise with 33 with nothing but overcards on the flop, etc.

Fahra's play would fall in a similar category. My point is, I find it hard to distinguish genious from gambling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, I hate to say it, but that was nothing more than playing the odds, Sam only had a very minimal amount to lose on the hand, but he had a chance to take the player. It's not a great call or an ingenious play or good read, it's playing the odds and that's all it is. It's also gambling if you're willing to part with 10% of your stack at that point in the tourney, but those are the types of gamblers that winners take.

jayadd
03-02-2004, 12:56 AM
wasnt he the big blind? i dont think it was %10 of his stack more like 4-6 casue of his bb