PDA

View Full Version : K,Qh in MP

Pat C
03-01-2004, 05:59 PM
$3/6 B&M I hold K,Qh in MP.
UTG calls, folded around to me who raises, CO and UTG call.
Table is ultra loose, semi-aggressive with 7 to the flop common (I was actually suprised the raise narrowed field); both players are inexperienced and don't usually respect a raise. Wasn't suprised to see either in since both see more flops than they muck regardless of pre-flop action. I was fairly certain UTG didn't have a big hand or he would have raised pre-flop. His default was to raise any two face cards, pocket pair, Axs, or suited connectors without regards to position.

Flop: 7d, Ks, 4h
UTG bets, I raise, CO folds, UTG calls.

Turn: 2h
UTG checks, I bet, he raises, I call
(At this point I feel I'm up against a sloppy two pair. I didn't believe he had a set due to preflop action. Bluffing is in his nature but I have yet to see him check raise on a bluff. However, I have seen him check raise with top pair, so I decide to call down.)

River: 8c
UTG bets, I call.......Anyone fold? If so at what point? Anyone re-raise the turn?

bisonbison
03-01-2004, 06:08 PM
I don't see the benefits of 3-betting. You're probably behind and he's not going to lay down whatever he check-raised you with.

If you just call, you can raise him on the river if your flush hits. That way you save money when you're behind and get more bets when you're ahead.