PDA

View Full Version : please rate my play on this hand

Alobar
03-01-2004, 05:24 PM
no reads as I was new to the table.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold 'Em (10 handed) converter (http://www.stompandcrush.com/cgi-bin/hhparser.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets, MP3 folds, CO calls, SB calls, BB folds, MP1 folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets, CO raises, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, CO bets, SB calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 12.50 BB, between SB and CO.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by SB (12.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows Jh Kh (one pair, kings).
CO shows 2c Kc (one pair, kings).
Outcome: SB wins 12.50 BB. </font>

novamob
03-01-2004, 05:31 PM
I hate KJ, suited or not. Once the ace hits the flop, I think you need to give up the ghost and check. Anyone with an ace is gonna bet it, especially with a possible straight out there, so I say check the flop. If it checks around then come out swinging.

I like the laydown on the river, but didn't you really know you were beat before the turn?

SpiderMnkE
03-01-2004, 05:33 PM
Looks good to me. I probably would have had to be one more seat over to stab at the flop. I have no idea why... that's just me. But, looks like the rest of the hand was played the way I would. I don't know much about 3/6 cuz I'm only at 2/4 right now, but it does appear that you are losing.. especially with both those guys in the hand.. I wouldn't call the river bet.

SpiderMnkE
03-01-2004, 05:36 PM
Well.. you know... In reality.. I think I would probably check the flop and see if anyone is representing an ace. If the button bets.. I dunno what I'd do.. I hate the auto "button bet."

I never want to trust them.. but it does seem like a lot of the time they actually have the ace when they bet.

yeah.. I think I'd check the flop... and depending on my reads on the guys after me decide what to do from there.. maybe a semi bluff checkraise on the turn if I decided to call.

biggambler
03-01-2004, 05:39 PM
On the flop you have second pair 2nd kicker. In the games I play in, Turning Stone, with this many players someone has an ACE. You bet the flop to see where you are and to get a free card on the turn. No one rasied. O.K. so far. You have a possible straight flush on the turn, lets see the river as cheaply as we can. Instead you bet and were rasied. Now you made it to the river and only the last better bet. You have nice odds to call and you folded??? I wouldn't have played it this far, but once you do, you have to make a crying call.