PDA

View Full Version : Drought

nolefan21
03-01-2004, 04:15 PM
I am a fairly new online player, and just wanted to see how common this was.

This past weekend, I threw a few bucks into my Party account (and didn't get any bonuses), and headed to a full .50/1 ring game. I experienced a most painful drought. I had the stats window up....I went about 80 hands without taking down a single pot! My hands played % was something like 16%. I could not get any cards to play. I didn't lose too much, since I couldn't even get cards, but it was still painful.

Is this an unusually large drought?

LetsRock
03-01-2004, 04:28 PM
Nope. We all go through stretches where we can do no right. It's just part of the game.

Phil Van Sexton
03-01-2004, 04:32 PM
Not really.

My record is 93 losses in a row and I've seen posts on here with 100+.

Any tight player who plays a couple thousand hands will have at least 1 streak like this.

Great job limiting your losses during this streak. After about 60 bad hands in a row, I can usually feel a major tilt coming on and have to log out for a while.

fluff
03-01-2004, 04:50 PM
No, that's sometimes expected.

And trust me, it's no where near as painful as a streak where you get good starting hand after good starting hand, only to get cracked time after time.

ZeeJustin
03-01-2004, 11:56 PM
I wouldn't even call that a drought at all. What is your average flops seen %? Perhaps you could stand to tighten up a bit if you are worried about this number being too low.

I know this isn't what you were asking for, but I'm guessing it will help you all the same.

Mike Gallo
03-02-2004, 09:40 AM
Is this an unusually large drought?

Not at all. Welcome to the Forum /images/graemlins/smile.gif

nolefan21
03-02-2004, 12:42 PM
Without poker tracker, I don't know for sure....but from looking at the stats window on party, I usually run around 30%. I agree, I probably do need to tighten up a bit, I'm just one of those people that get impatient, and get bored folding hand after hand.

RickA
03-03-2004, 12:21 AM
How do you see your stats at party other than requesting a hand history? I think this is a micro drought. I wouldn't be too concerned.

Thanks
RickA

krazyace5
03-03-2004, 01:29 AM
Left click on your name at the table.