PDA

View Full Version : Aces UTG

beerbandit
03-01-2004, 03:31 PM
Playing live 20-40 round by round (2 holdem 1 omaha) at Greektown in Detroit. Get aces utg I raise folded to mp and he raises folded to me and I cap it. Flop comes Axx rainbow. I check and he also checks Q on turn. I check and he bets I raise and he calls. River comes blank, I bet and he calls I show the nuts and he shows the queens. I think I feel like I played the turn wrong. It would have also be nice four a queen on the river the bad beat was almost 70grand.

Comments-thank you

astroglide
03-01-2004, 03:44 PM
i feel you played the flop and the turn wrong. in situations like these you're looking for bet/get raised/reraise opportunities. bet the flop, bet the turn, reraise the turn. you can usually checkraise the river if you think they have a set. as you played it you're much more likely to knock out kk, jj, or worse hands. if they have those you're better off bet/bet/betting.

i'd consider flat calling the reraise preflop too. as for the bad beat jackpot, yuck. they rake for that in your 20 game?

JoeU
03-01-2004, 03:44 PM
I think the hand looks good. At best, you get either 2 bets on the turn and 1 in the river, or, 1 on the turn and 2 in the river. If he thinks the call looks sneaky on the turn, he may not even bet the river. Remember, you did the "capping". Most people don't cap with AQ. Usually pots get capped with AA, KK, QQ, AKs. Given your position, he might put you on AA in the river if you just call the turn. That would force him to check the river down.

But like I said in the beginning, it looks good to me.

Joe

Diplomat
03-01-2004, 04:26 PM
You need to bet the flop and turn.

-Diplomat