PDA

View Full Version : 2+2 SNGs: STARS 8PM GMT/3PM EST TUESDAY & 9:30PM EST THURSDAY

DrPhysic
03-01-2004, 02:38 PM
Here's your 2+2 SNG game schedule for this week,

2+2 SnG $10+1 NLHE on STARS 8PM GMT/3PM EST TUESDAY Mar 2

LOOK FOR t_perkin_2+2 or Stone_Eyes SIGNON.

2+2 SNG $10+1 NLHE on STARS 9:30PM EST THURSDAY MAR 4
Look for DrPhysic or VinnyTheFish signon.

Two reasons for day change this week:
Requests from some who cannot play on Wednesday, and
Doc has an NBA game Wed.

Games for 2+2 posters. Not sponsored by Two Plus Two Publishing.

Doc /images/graemlins/cool.gif

triplc
03-01-2004, 02:43 PM
First...I'm going to miss another one of these /images/graemlins/mad.gif; I'm having a home tourney /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Second, I think it's amazing that a man of your age can still play in the NBA, doc...your are a wonder...

CCC

jaydoggie
03-01-2004, 02:52 PM
how often do, and how many, random 'stars players wander in?

Stoneii
03-01-2004, 03:05 PM
jay

there's been at least 2-3 in every tournie so far but if there's ever enough 2+2'ers there bang on time, hopefully we'll be too quick for most to sign up. I think a few get in after it races up to about 13/14 players immediately

stoneii

DrPhysic
03-01-2004, 03:30 PM
There is usually a certain amount of sympathy for innocents who walk into this particular beartrap. You will, however, have to join the game to get in on the explanation usually offered by McMelchoir(RhondaB).

Doc

DrPhysic
03-01-2004, 03:35 PM
So far this season averaging 21 "HooYahs", ll "Go Duncan's", 2 "Boo Refs" 4 beers, and a hotdog.

Doc

jaydoggie
03-01-2004, 03:54 PM
has anyone tried emailing stars and getting it password protected?

triplc
03-01-2004, 04:08 PM
Averaging a double-double no less...like to see that beer/hot dog ratio increase though...that'll likely increase your Boo Ref stats as well...

And Tim Duncan should be a Celtic...but that's a story for another day.

CCC

jaydoggie
03-01-2004, 04:14 PM
Hello John,

I will forward your request to the Poker Manager for review. Ordinarily we
do not host private tournaments, but we may be able to make an exception
for 2+2.

Regards,

Jacob
PokerStars Support Team

DrPhysic
03-01-2004, 05:48 PM
Jaydoggie,

Bully for you. Last response I got from them was not only no but H... no. They had cancelled all requests for private tourns not already scheduled like KoTz. But that it was a priority on their to do list after WPT. That was a month ago, I guess it was a good time to ask. I will e-mail them also.

Thanks,

Doc

DrPhysic
03-01-2004, 06:37 PM
This e-mail was sent to PokerStars as followup to jaydoggies message. Well done John, Maybe it will work this time.
__________________________________________________ ______

I wrote to you in January asking about private tournaments and SNG's. Your response at that time was that no tournaments not already scheduled were being considered until after the WPT cruise, which is very understandable. You also indicated that the addition of private games was a priority on your wish list after that time.

I read today your response to a 2+2 member John "Jaydoggie" last name unknown to me, in which you stated:

I will forward your request to the Poker Manager for review. Ordinarily we do not host private tournaments, but we may be able to make an exception for 2+2.

Regards,

Jacob
PokerStars Support Team

John's timing may have been expedient. We appreciate his effort.

I organized of the current weekly 2+2 SNG games with the help of Tim Perkin "t_perkin 2+2", "VinnyTheFish", and "Stone Eyes".

We have been playing one $10+1 18 seat SNG at 3PM EST Tuesdays, and two 18 seat SNG's at 9:30 PM EST on either Wednesday or Thursday evenings for the past 6-7 weeks.

We also played a Saturday afternoon 2pm EST game in a $13+1 format qualifier to the Sunday $215 a week ago.

Obviously these games are based on "Jump in at the specified time", and are not limited to 2+2 members.

We would be interested in private password games either SNGs or regular tournaments. Advantage to regular tournaments being pre-registration... Advantage to SNGs being that the current SNG structure pays 4 players of every 18 which would not be the case probably in a normal tournament structure, We would, however, be interested in anything you could do to accomodate possibly as many as three regular weekly events for 2+2 posters.

It is to be noted that all our games are listed, at the request of Mason Malmuth as: "Games for 2+2 posters. Not sponsored by Two Plus Two Publishing".

I will be happy to take any offer to the 80+ members currently on the SNG players mailing list as well as post for input on 2+2 Tournament Forum and 1 Table Tournament Forum. Our players, by nearly unanimous vote, prefer PokerStars and I am sure would be interested in furthering the relationship.

Yours,

DrPhysic

jaydoggie
03-02-2004, 04:13 AM
nice. actually im Jayson, my dad uses my default msn e-mail address which i wrote the e-mail from. :X

t_perkin
03-02-2004, 06:55 AM
The problem with the concept of a private SnG is that we need have exactly 18 players. Too many and people will miss out, but more importantly - too few and the thing will never start.

I reckon a private multi table tournament is the way to go.

One on Tuesday and one on Wed/Thurs (I think that Thurs is better but it would be better not to conflict with the Zoo events)

Anyway we are getting ahead of ourselves a bit here...

Tim

DrPhysic
03-02-2004, 08:23 AM
pros and cons. the thing to do is find out what stars are willing to do, then make up a message with whatever offer is on the table, and a poll. the poll would be essentially: priv tourn, priv sng if avail, keep things the way they are. Then send as a pm to all the people who have actually played the sng's, and post here. Make changes or further discussion based on replys. I think what we are doing now is entirely workable. Besides, McMelchoir would have a lot less fun if there were no outsiders to hoorah.

Doc

VinnyTheFish
03-02-2004, 08:38 AM
See you Thursday, and hopefully tuesday too.

DrPhysic
03-02-2004, 09:58 AM
cool. we'll look for you vinny.

Doc /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wad
03-02-2004, 10:10 AM
Alas, I cannot make it on Thursdays for the next 3 weeks so you will all have to wait for your revenge on me for my suckouts last Wednesday. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

DrPhysic
03-02-2004, 10:22 AM
still thinking about that wad. mondays not good. no time to advertize to get people in tourny. tues euro afternoon game, friday nite prob not good, therefore wed or thu. thought we'd give the thu guys a chance this week. some can't play one day or the other.

Will not be on thu weeks of KotZ.

opinions?

Doc

Simon Diamond
03-02-2004, 10:39 AM
I am scheduling the next KotZ in eMarkM's absence, it is provisionally next Thursday (March 11th) if you didn't know already.

Simon

jaydoggie
03-02-2004, 10:43 AM
for those who dont know(specifically me) what is kotz?

t_perkin
03-02-2004, 10:59 AM
King of the Zoo
(Zoo is the name of the internet forum here)

see:

http://www.simongreig.com/

Basically it is a annual selection of events that they hold for 2+2 posters - mostly Zoo posters.

It is reasonably serious I think - although I have never actually competed.
We donīt need to compete you see - Touns won the Touns/Zoo/SS rematch . We are above the Zoo and therefore KotZ /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tim

Wad
03-02-2004, 11:05 AM
Its not a problem for me. After this week I wouldn't be able to make it on either night anyway. Once March is over either night will work.

As for making it a private table or multi-table tournament, I'm open for anything there if P* will accomodate us.

DrPhysic
03-02-2004, 11:14 AM
eazy lessons:
Internet Forum = Zoo (appropriate name except when they are Spam Forum per Al Capone Junior.)

KoTz = private 2+2 tournaments, about one every 3 weeks, different formats (ie NLHE, LHE, O8B, ...) "KING OF THE ZOO"

Tourn forum dominated the last one. (1,2,3) William is still overall points leader.

Usually $33 buyin. Worth the price. Some number of posts on 2+2 required (25?) to enter.

Contact eMarkM or -simon- about playing.

Doc

Simon Diamond
03-02-2004, 11:26 AM
The next one on March 11th will be $30+$3 Limit, but I will post more about in a separate thread when the tournament is set in the Stars lobby - I don't want to hijack this thread any further!

Just letting you know the date so you SNG guys can alter your schedule.

Cheers,
Simon

Sheriff Fatman
03-02-2004, 01:40 PM
Just one correction to Doc's post.

The KotZ holdem games are 30+3 (think the last was 30+1 actually) but the other game variants are 20+2 events - the rationale being that these are generally less popular due to the number of 'holdem only' players.

Personally, I'm using them as a way to try out the other games. Took a shine to O8 H/L as a result and am nervously awaiting an intro to 7 Card Stud in a few weeks time. Its the deadest of dead money that I can ever commit (playing a new game against 2+2ers) but:

a) the tournaments are fun and generally conducted in the right spirit
b) its gives me a goal to learn and play a different variant every 6 weeks or so. By the end of the year I should have tried most of the main games out and will no doubt be a better all round player for the experience.
c) its an excuse to get some use out of the Hellmuth book which as a very basic intro to some of the other games is apparently not too bad!

Obviously the main downside is constantly having to listen to all the chest-beating from the Touns forum players, especially William /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

After a while the only response left for me was to start reading, posting and participating over here to try and learn from them a bit. As painful as it is to admit it (I'm a Zoo-er at heart) the chest-beating has generally been backed up by results!

DrPhysic
03-02-2004, 01:56 PM
Excellent post Sheriff,

several points i would like to make:
1) TOOOOOUUUUUUNNNNNNSSSSSSS RULE!!!!!!!!!!
2) Point of contact is important: for
Tuesday SNG: t_perkin or Stoneii
Evening (Wed/Thu) SNG: Myself or VinnyTheFish
KoTz: eMarkM or -simon-
Touns/Zoo/SS tournaments Mike Haven (note top billing!)
3) Any of these events is a fabulous learning opportunity for our players. Being able to play against top players (at a reasonable buyin) many of whom seldom play at less than the $50/100/200 levels is a chance not to be missed.

If you consider yourself a learner, as I do, do not be intimidated. You will have a chance to win like everybody else (I did in the SNG last week). But even whipped by better players, you can learn from their play. If you have the chance to play with these guys, grab it!

Doc /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Simon Diamond
03-02-2004, 04:07 PM
Not to mention that Sheriff is continuing a KotZ tradition of good performances from UK based players. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Keep it up!

Simon

t_perkin
03-02-2004, 04:10 PM
Yep - the UK pisses all over the states.

we play better poker too.

Tim

DrPhysic
03-02-2004, 05:29 PM
Just so you show Thursday night Tim!

Then we can do some settling up.

Doc

William
03-02-2004, 05:54 PM
Obviously the main downside is constantly having to listen to all the chest-beating from the Touns forum players, especially William

As painful as it is to admit it (I'm a Zoo-er at heart) the chest-beating has generally been backed up by results!

Is it really that bad? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif
Well, I'm glad somebody has noticed, and it will only last for as long as I am the leader (that means the whole year, he he) /images/graemlins/wink.gif

A big piece of my heart also belongs to the Zoo. I do find however that the discussions are more serious over here(not that I am that serious all the time, and I do post a lot at the Zoo).

Take care,
William

PS. Have I mentioned lately that I am the King of the Zoo? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

byronkincaid
03-02-2004, 06:04 PM
So for the second week in a row /images/graemlins/smile.gif

1: ByronKincaid (Carshalton), $72.00 (40%)
2: Nippy (Southsea), $54.00 (30%)
3: jaydoggie (Davenport), $36.00 (20%)
4: Stone_Eyes (Bangor), $18.00 (10%)
5: t_perkin 2+2 (Akureyri),
6: Travrock (Bangor),
7: HelmetSky (Ramat-Gan),
8: EWCRAPS0710 (brooklyn),
9: gengheezy (San Diego),
10: CrisBrown (Wesley Chapel),
11: DuraAce (Dallas),
12: Rhonda B (New York City),
13: spike_tt (Swindon),
14: Timpa (Fagersta),
15: onpar (Glendale),
16: SillyMilly (ShermanOaks),
17: desperado (hastings),
18: Ruddiger (Sammamish),

Big Thanks to Jay on the rail. I had about half Nippy's chips, he had a straight against my full and Jay goaded him into calling.

Here's to a Hat Trick next week /images/graemlins/wink.gif

William
03-02-2004, 06:12 PM
Congrats on the back to back wins.

Here's to a Hat Trick next week /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'll try to be there next week to prevent such a terrrrrrible thing /images/graemlins/tongue.gif
I can feel that the gloating would be unbearable /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Only the Kotz is allowed to achieve outstanding things /images/graemlins/grin.gif

t_perkin
03-02-2004, 07:38 PM
You may be King of the Zoo - but I am King of the Zoo, SS and the Touns!

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Looks like the Nordic states have this poker business just about wrapped up.

Certainly not even a look-in for the US /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

tim

t_perkin
03-02-2004, 07:43 PM
Good work Byron.

I hung on for as long as I could but I was never gonna get into the money when I had no card higher than a T for 15 hands!
Then I finally got JTs and Byron flips the rockets and my last T300 gets slid to my left.

Congrats on being the first and only to win two of these things - let alone win them back to back. Good work.

Tim

p.s.: and that is another win for the UK....

MicroBob
03-02-2004, 10:25 PM
ummmm, Go Grizzlies.

an incredibly late response....but i was thinking of you and your spurs as i watched the monday night highlights.

TheGrifter
03-02-2004, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

p.s.: and that is another win for the UK....

[/ QUOTE ]

Now THERE'S something that you don't hear very often.

Stoneii
03-03-2004, 04:13 AM
Although I did suck out on Praying Mantis (my 99 v his JJ going in turning into quad 9's) to help get me to the final 4, I couldn't even manage a split pot when I called jaydoggies all-in with his 77 with my......ready......wait for it.....77

He pulled a flush as I'm busy joining in the lol's
================================================== ======

PokerStars Game #314451772: Tournament #1108422, Hold'em No Limit - Level VIII
(200/400) - 2004/03/02 - 16:24:42 (ET)
Table '1108422 1' Seat #4 is the button
Seat 2: Stone_Eyes (5130 in chips)
Seat 4: ByronKincaid (4083 in chips)
Seat 7: Nippy (7290 in chips)
Seat 8: jaydoggie (10497 in chips)
Stone_Eyes: posts the ante 25
ByronKincaid: posts the ante 25
Nippy: posts the ante 25
jaydoggie: posts the ante 25
Nippy: posts small blind 200
jaydoggie: posts big blind 400
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Stone_Eyes [7s 7h]
Stone_Eyes: raises 400 to 800
ByronKincaid: folds
Nippy: folds
jaydoggie: raises 9672 to 10472 and is all-in
Stone_Eyes said, "ah well"
Stone_Eyes: calls 4305 and is all-in
*** FLOP *** [8s Kc 8c]
ByronKincaid said, "lol"
jaydoggie said, "hm"
*** TURN *** [8s Kc 8c] [Tc]
Stone_Eyes said, "lol"
*** RIVER *** [8s Kc 8c Tc] [5c]
jaydoggie said, "gg"
*** SHOW DOWN ***
jaydoggie: shows [7c 7d] (a flush, King high)
Stone_Eyes: shows [7s 7h] (two pair, Eights and Sevens)
jaydoggie said, ":)"
Stone_Eyes said, "no way"
jaydoggie collected 10510 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 10510 | Rake 0
Board [8s Kc 8c Tc 5c]
Seat 2: Stone_Eyes showed [7s 7h] and lost with two pair, Eights and Sevens
Seat 4: ByronKincaid (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: Nippy (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 8: jaydoggie (big blind) showed [7c 7d] and won (10510) with a flush, King high

Think we should have the bad beat of the night sectio for the tournies (just so I can be first on leaderboard for a while /images/graemlins/smile.gif)

As usual, enjoyed a lot, and beat the 8th bug!!

stoneii
edit
p.s. what's a cheeshead /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

It was Travrock's parting comment

DrPhysic
03-03-2004, 06:00 AM
Aw, That's not fair. They didn't have to have any help winning that Faulkland Island thing. Well, not much anyway.

And they did win the Spanish Armada thing in 1588 all by themselves.

Just sticking up for my buddies from the UK!

Doc

Stoneii
03-03-2004, 07:57 AM
and to this day Doc, thousands of brits can still be seen invading various Spanish resorts while hardly any Spanish dare to visit UK shores!!!! /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Simon Diamond
03-03-2004, 09:52 AM
Would you? It's bloody freeeeeezzzzing here...

Simon

DrPhysic
03-03-2004, 10:21 AM
Simon,
I'm sorry, but Tim gets first bitch about the weather.

Doc

DrPhysic
03-03-2004, 10:25 AM
Your Highness:

A clarification please,

If one of the KotZ events is 7 card lowball?

Does that make you "Your LowNess"?

Would 7 card H/L split cause a schizophrenic problem with being "Your High/LowNess"?

The arcane possibilities of deuces and one eyes wild are wonderful:

Would that make you a wild ducking monocular pirate king? Or just a PKing Wild Duck ;-)?

Is O8B the reason there was never a Henry IX?

Never Mind…

Your Hickory Dictionary Doc
The woodenheaded lexicographer

t_perkin
03-03-2004, 10:37 AM
Yeah believe me - when uīve lived in Iceland everywhere is warmer, cheaper and uglier.

Donīt forget that the UK is now Rugby world champs. As well as Darts and Snooker (unsurprising seeing as we are the only ones who play!).

Anyway we are a very generous nation - we make sports and give them to other people: Football, Cricket, F1, Golf, Tennis.

And when it comes to historically handing out the whup ass (to use a collonial phrase /images/graemlins/smile.gif) we win hands down.

tim

SWING LOOOWWWW SWEEEETT CHARRIIIOOOOOT

TylerD
03-03-2004, 10:43 AM
ENGLAND won the world cup not the UK!!!

Simon Diamond
03-03-2004, 10:46 AM
And a Welshman won the World Snooker title.

Simon

t_perkin
03-03-2004, 11:04 AM
precisely - so the titles for all three (rugby, darts and snooker) are in the UK.

Tim

Stoneii
03-03-2004, 12:11 PM
well N.ireland are now proud owners of the the world record for going the most international football (soccer!) matches without a goal. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Simon Diamond
03-03-2004, 12:33 PM
Anyone would have thought they had won when they finally scored the other week. The commentators on the radio were getting a bit excited.

Still, nice to have broken that streak right?

Simon

Stoneii
03-03-2004, 06:31 PM
N.Ireland football fans are a riot to listen to. They self mock all the time and it reduces me to tears, it's just brilliant. Wonderful songs like "We're sh*te and we know we are" are among my favourites.

They lost to Norway 3-1, when it was 1-1 they were singing "we're going to win 2-1", when 2-1 "we're going to win 3-2" with the grand finale being 4-3. Fabulous /images/graemlins/smile.gif

DrPhysic
03-03-2004, 06:34 PM
With only a little more practice the irish football fans could probably qualify to become official chicago cubs fans.

D

Sheriff Fatman
03-03-2004, 09:20 PM
A team very close to my heart set the trend for that a few years ago in our one and only season in the Premiership.

Live Super Sunday Game - August 1997
Barnsley 0 Chelsea 5

The whole country hears "We're gonna win 6-5"

Final score:
Barnsley 0 Chelsea 6

TheGrifter
03-03-2004, 09:25 PM
I said N/M, but if you're reading anyway...I mean seriously, snookers? Isn't that a candy bar?

Simon Diamond
03-04-2004, 02:34 PM
Bah, a Barnsley fan...

One of my worst nightmares is recalling this scoreline:

Birmingham 0 Barnsley 4

Oh well, at least the Blues are in the Premiership now. Haven't you got Ridsdale on the board? Oh dear...

Simon

Sheriff Fatman
03-04-2004, 03:08 PM
Now that was a good day out!

Oh how long ago it seems, particularly as we've just sacked another manager today.

Steven Punk
03-04-2004, 03:26 PM
Good show. Do you post results? Who are the typical suspects for winning this event?