PDA

View Full Version : trivial little hand

mosta
03-01-2004, 02:01 PM
Ks 7d in SB. MP limper. SB completes. I check it.

2d 4c 6c. checks around.

Kc. SB bets. I fold. I figure if I'm going to play it, I should raise. But I don't want to bet $12 for $15 (minus rake) with this. It was a $9 pot--let's move on!

Good fold?

what if it was Kh?

Homer
03-01-2004, 02:12 PM
Bet the flop.

For calling the hand down to be profitable, you need to win more than 40% of the time (actually it's a little more complicated since it isn't heads-up). I'm not sure if you will win that often or not. Against an unknown, I'd lean towards folding.

-- Homer

The Bear
03-01-2004, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the flop.

-- Homer

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I'm not sure how I feel about this bet, but I know it's not routine for me. Is leading at this flop that obvious?

As to the question, without a decent player read, I'd muck it. Small pot, I don't want to fight over it.

devinthedude
03-01-2004, 02:29 PM
Homer, I am also curious to hear your reasoning behind betting the flop. Why do you want to get into a shoving match over such a small pot w/ K7o?

Homer
03-01-2004, 02:37 PM
What shoving match? I bet, they both fold, and the pot gets shoved to me. This is a situation in which stealing has a high probability of being successful. You don't think I'll take it down immediately at least 25% of the time against typical opponents?

-- Homer

BigEndian
03-01-2004, 02:43 PM
Depends on the table. Not a default play imo.

- Jim

Ulysses
03-01-2004, 02:50 PM
Looks good to me. I assume you're in BB. I don't like betting the flop as a default play w/ the MP limper yet to act.

devinthedude
03-01-2004, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What shoving match? I bet, they both fold, and the pot gets shoved to me

[/ QUOTE ]

I had to laugh a little when I read that.

OK youre right its not a shoving match. I guess it depends on the type of opponents, but I don't think they will both fold 75% of the time. Somebody with an A or the BB who could have anything will call you down all the way.

You're out of position, you don't have crap, why waste bets on such a small pot? If you had at least 1 /images/graemlins/club.gif, maybe betting would be ok

Homer
03-01-2004, 03:16 PM
What is this, bizarro world? Usually I think everyone else is too aggressive.

I understand your argument, and perhaps you are correct in the majority of situations and I am just getting too used to playing in weak afternoon Party 2/4 games, in which players seem to love folding when I breath on the pot.

-- Homer

The Bear
03-01-2004, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What shoving match? I bet, they both fold, and the pot gets shoved to me

[/ QUOTE ]

I had to laugh a little when I read that.

OK youre right its not a shoving match. I guess it depends on the type of opponents, but I don't think they will both fold 75% of the time. Somebody with an A or the BB who could have anything will call you down all the way.

You're out of position, you don't have crap, why waste bets on such a small pot? If you had at least 1 /images/graemlins/club.gif, maybe betting would be ok

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree w/ devin. No way this pot gets taken down uncontested 75% of the time. At least not for me. Though that doesn't necessarily make the bet wrong.

bisonbison
03-01-2004, 03:33 PM
but I don't think they will both fold 75% of the time
No way this pot gets taken down uncontested 75% of the time.

He said 25%.

Homer
03-01-2004, 03:39 PM
Yes, it's only 25%, as I'm getting 3:1 on the bluff.

MaxPower
03-01-2004, 03:39 PM
Given that your two opponents are not calling stations and you have seen them fold on the flop, I agree with betting the flop. You will take it down often enough to make it profitable

I'd prefer a rainbow flop, but this one will do.

Not a default play, but a good one in the right spot.