PDA

View Full Version : help on a should be routine hand!!

DcifrThs
03-01-2004, 01:54 PM
i think i'm being stupid here but i played this hand on virtual autopilot and maybe theres a better way to play it but i am sticking with my opinion unless given good cause to adjust:

10/20 party game. new player just posted late position blind, this hand occured 3hands later with poster in lmp.

i get tt in sb. lmp open limps folded to me i raise bb folds.

q53 two clubs. i bet am called by limper (unknown player to me).

turn=9d. i bet limper folds.

like i said, this is ruitine and for me autopilot since any naked j k or a could beat me if given a free card and with only $50 in the pot calling flop and turn to hit 'em would be right if lmp knew my hand (about 3:1 to hit getting 110:30). calling $30 total for a chance to win $110/$130 (depending if i check call river when jk or a hits) would be right for his hand if he knew my hand and he had 2 overcards so betting and reducing odds from infinite to finite seems right to me.

i assumed if i was raised on the flop i'd asses whether it was a flush draw or a queen...but most likely i'd lay the tens down to a raise since raising a flush draw into an apparant high pair isn't something most 10/20 players at this game would do (this assumption may not be attributable to lmp guy since he's new but its all i got to go on).

so...stupid question: does anyone play this differently? if so, how?
-Barron

rory
03-01-2004, 02:28 PM