PDA

View Full Version : tracking my winnings for Feb...

whiskeytown
03-01-2004, 12:30 PM
as stated earlier, this is part of a monthly post of me tracking my winnings and losses. -

last month I resolved to play smaller field tourneys and more limit games due to my success in these - This worked great - 3 final table finishes the first week and I actually cashed out $900 for credit card bills...

then began (dum da dum!!!) the slump....lost everything I had won in the first 5 days over the course of the month and ended up withdrawing/depositing most of the 900 I had taken back into online accounts or the live bankroll

this streak was finally broken 2/29 at the last minute (well, 3am the next day actually) - for a 345 dollar win for 6th place in a NL tourney -

my stats for NL are great - averaging $13/hr and that's playing 10-50 dollar tourneys....the sit and go's are a bit close - almost even money still - and my results in Limit tourneys are even better

my biggest hole this month? - Ring games....took a horrendous beating in 5/10 and 6/12 - dropped almost a thousand total between the two - and this from 2 sites/locations I DIDN'T cash out of, so no conspiracy here /images/graemlins/grin.gif - clearly a mega hole in my game...

I think my biggest problem is that I'm so used to NL and that bluff on the river, that I automatically call the river in ring games with any pair whatsoever....but I'm gonna spend some extra time in the simulator (TTH v4) to see what the fates draw up for me.

resolutions for this month are to absolutely plug the holes in my ring game - this has GOT to stop -

results this year - up 297 dollars overall - it was 2 grand...time to quit the ring games or get them down better

RB

CCass
03-01-2004, 02:18 PM
You and I were in the same PL tourny on Stars last night. I busted out at 180 or so when somebody hit a flush to my pocket Kings. How did you finish in the PL tourny?

lostinthought
03-01-2004, 03:17 PM
how many hours of play this year so far?

whiskeytown
03-01-2004, 05:57 PM
129th in that one.. - couldn't make it..

actually, I played 5 tourneys at that time...

the $11 rebuy
the $1 (play it for Frequent Player Points)
a $3 rebuy satellite for the Sunday tourney
the $20 PL
and the $20 NL -

Only one I placed in was the $20 NL one....gotta love it...LOL

RB

whiskeytown
03-01-2004, 05:58 PM
by my gorilla math, 248 hrs...

but I realized that I overlap when playing two tourneys (in other words, 2 hours on two tourneys running at the same time equals 4 hrs in my spreadsheet....ah well....can't get too picky....

RB