PDA

View Full Version : Mason's spreadsheet

Schmed
03-01-2004, 11:39 AM
There is a spreadsheet floating around that I used to have that Mason set up that does all of the poker statistical calculations. I used to have it but I spilled a bunch of coffee on my laptop and lost everything.

I sent it to a few people. If anyone still has it I would appreciate if you PM me and send it to me. Thanks in advance

thomastem
03-01-2004, 11:50 AM
I'd like to get this too.

Al_Capone_Junior
03-01-2004, 04:07 PM
Me three. I used to have one of my own, but that computer went the way of the coffee cup too, long ago. It'd be interesting tho to see someone else's version, and what Mason found important enough to include. I only included Time played, money won/lost, hourly rate, and standard deviation, with notes, and by game/limit.

al

DOTTT
03-01-2004, 04:24 PM
I'd like a copy as well. Sounds like a great tool. Thanks.

fluff
03-01-2004, 04:39 PM
Me too me too!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Daliman
03-01-2004, 06:18 PM
It has about every measuarable statistic imaginable for session info, is very easy to use, and even has MAson's little face giving you advice!(or David's). /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Schmed
03-01-2004, 06:39 PM
anyone that needs/wants it just pm me with your email and I'll send it tomorrow

Al_Capone_Junior
03-02-2004, 06:54 PM
There are reasons why someone might want to use a spreadsheet and not statking.

1. part of creating / using a spreadsheet is the learning experience and enjoyment of using excel. any idiot can punch into statking, but my guess is that few poker players could get the same results from a spreadsheet they had to create on their own.

2. there are really only so many stats that have any real use, i.e. those that I listed before. I am quite the stat buff myself, having written extensive spreadsheets for various applications in biotech.

But when it comes to poker, there's no point going overboard with stats, as so few of them are useful. For instance, % flops seen is completely useless unless you differentiate between short games and full games. It's like in baseball, leading the league in 7th inning triples. Meaningless. Stats in poker are a great way for a player to waste energy they could spend more productively.

al

Daliman
03-03-2004, 03:18 AM
i agree w/ most od what you said, but statkind has nothing to do calling percentages or anything similar; It strictly analyzes session W/L stats as you put them in, nothing more. It's not like pokertracker.

MicroBob
03-03-2004, 06:36 AM
additionally, this is why p-tracker allows you to differentiate between short and full-ring.

i can understand taking stats too far....but p-tracker has helped me plug holes in my game very quickly.

stats are extremely helpful in some baseball situations. 7th inning triples is fairly meaningless....best team fielding pct or going 2-9 in stolen base attempts or batting .350 lefty but only .220 righty or whatever else you choose.
managers rely on this stuff for decisions.

another important use for stats: my girlfriend is hot....i am ugly.....together we are average.