PDA

View Full Version : Stay or fold?

AJPeacock
03-01-2004, 09:21 AM
Howdy all, I have a question for you. Hopefully its not TOO elementary.

I had AKs and raised from the button. The BB called and the other 4-5 limpers dropped out.

Miracle, flop was AKQ (3 suited, Q matched my AK).

BB bet and I raised. BB called.

Turn was another Q, BB bet and I raised again (once I get
aggressive, I tend to stay that way).

BB then re-raised.
I knew right then that BB had a Q, and I tried with all my mite to muck my hand. But couldn't force myself to do it, so I called (I believe that this was a mistake, but I had folded pre-flop at least 30 straight hands and just had to see the river card).

River came and was another A (Hallelujah!)

BB bet and I raised, BB called.

I never saw his hand. I won with AAAKK

Did I read this right? This is pretty much the first time
I actually put someone on a specific hand.

Thanks,
AJ

prairieboy
03-01-2004, 09:55 AM
Assuming that all of your outs are live, 4/46 cards will help you and there's (I think) 10 big bets in the pot. So at this point you don't have the odds to call.

However, if you think that the BB will bet even if an A or K falls, you have an additional 2 big bets worth of implied odds (his bet + him calling your raise).

Given that, you're getting 12 big bets for a 4/46 shot. High variance, but +EV.

pudley4
03-01-2004, 12:54 PM
1-Specific hand questions should be posted in the appropriate "Stakes" forum (micro, small, med-high)

2-How many limpers were there? (It affects the answer to your question) Did they all really fold for just one more bet? If so, this is a wonderful game to be in.

3-Assuming there were 4 limpers, this means the pot is 11 BB after the BB reraises you on the turn. You are 41-4 (just over 10-1) against hitting your A or K on the river to give you the win, so you need to call, even if the BB won't pay you off on the river.

AJPeacock
03-01-2004, 01:39 PM
Thanks guys. Sorry I posted in the wrong spot.

Thanks again for the info. All my new found knowledge is
starting to gel, just not automatic yet.

Good Luck all,