PDA

View Full Version : 100 10+1 SnGs (31-40)

triplc
03-01-2004, 08:46 AM
Things definitely took a turn for the worse in this 4th leg of my 100 SnG quest. I had my first two showings of worse than 6th place, and had no wins among the 10 tourneys. Had some cold cards, to be sure, but made a few questionable plays along the way as well. Played a good deal at Party, which is proving to be my worst site (keeping in mind the small sample size, of course). Here's the quick rundown.

SnGs played - 40
1sts - 7
2nd - 5
3rd - 5
4th - 6
5th - 10
6th - 5
7th - 0
8th - 1
9th - 1
10th - 0

Pct in the money - 42.5%
Amount invested - $440
Amount won - $582
ROI - 32.7%

Haven't won since tourney #28, although both second place finishes in this group I had good chances to win...the rundown.

#34 - (Party) Very cold cards, but managed to steal and fold my way into 3rd place. One play slightly bothered me. Very shortstacked (T110) EP player all-in. I have A5s. Blind are 50/100 and I have T545 with 6 players left. I think about calling, but fold. He gets called by two others. He has 67o, one caller has 97s, the other T7s. T7 takes it down with no pairs on the board. This is probably results oriented thinking, but after seeing nothing else close to A5s the rest of the way...I thought maybe this would have been a good spot to take a chance.

SnG 35 - Finished 8th to break my streak of 6th place or better. Was a little looser early than usual, but got all-in with KK against 99. Flop came JT9 and I was history.

SnG 38 - 9th place finish due to completely stupid play on my part. I had AhQs in the cutoff in round 1. I have been limping with this hand early on with some success, but am wondering about that strategy after this debacle. I limp and 4 other limpers (including blinds) see the flop. Flop comes KJ5 with two hearts. It gets checked around (should I bet here?). Turn comes T of hearts. I make a stab at the pot and maniac in BB pushes all-in. Shouldn't have called, but did. Turns over 42h. No heart comes and I have 55 chips. Quadrupled up to 220 with AKs a few hands later, but my second double up attempt gets busted and I'm out.

SnG 40 - 2nd place finish notable only because had my opponent covered and all-in. I had ATs, he had T7s. 7 on the flop. Drops me to T1260. I stay alive for a few more hands but eventually he beats me. Would have been a good end to a pretty lousy streak.

That's the report. One question lingers...how do folks generally play hands like AJs, ATs, AQo when the play is very early. I may post this in a separate thread.

Thanks.

CCC