PDA

View Full Version : A bluff on the end

Nate tha' Great
03-01-2004, 08:08 AM
15/30 game online, 6-handed at a full table with several empty seats. CO and SB can get aggressive at times, but they also have good respect for me as I've been showing down a lot of winners and are capable of folding. All players are quite loose with their preflop calls. No specific read on BB. I believe that my table image is favorable (tight/aggressive/tricky).

I'm UTG+1 (MP) and dealt 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif. UTG folds, I open-raise, CO calls two, SB and BB call.

Four to the flop:

Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

Yikes.

Checked around to me, I check, and CO checks.

Turn is Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB checks, BB bets, I call, CO and SB fold.

River is K /images/graemlins/club.gif. BB bets and I raise.

Results later. Criticisms on all streets welcome.

gonores
03-01-2004, 09:23 AM
Is it just me, or is this pot a little small to be pumping 3BB worth of bluffs into it (ok...maybe 2 and call the turn call a semi-bluff call), with perhaps something as little as an ace calling you down? I do think this play has more equity at a table with 6 players sitting at a full table than at a table of 6 at a 6max, but I'd find a better place to pull a bluff like this.

nykenny
03-01-2004, 02:11 PM
my standard play is to bet flop. but since you checked, i'd fold to a bet if i were u.

Kenny

Ulysses
03-01-2004, 03:08 PM
I'd play it like Kenny. Bet the flop. Having checked there, I'd fold to the turn bet. I've been called down too much by an Ace on the river to make that raise without a read. I will make it against some players who after a checked flop will auto-bet w/ any two cards.