PDA

View Full Version : Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Erasure
03-01-2004, 04:54 AM

krazyace5
03-01-2004, 05:35 AM
This depends on what limit your are playing at, you should never try to bluff at micro limits, it never works.

rayrns
03-01-2004, 07:49 AM
If you are talking about a pure bluff on the river, then I would say one. The odds of bluffing more than one player would be extremely harder.

pudley4
03-01-2004, 12:24 PM
If the pot is big enough, you can try to bluff the whole table.

Hedge Henderson
03-02-2004, 01:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This depends on what limit your are playing at, you should never try to bluff at micro limits, it never works.

[/ QUOTE ]

In general, bluffing isn't a good thing in micro-limits, or any loose game. Still, you've been here long enough to know that "never" and "always" aren't usually good advice when it comes to poker.

Thanks to a whopping $2.00 free from Paradise, I'm playing online for real money for the first time ever. Frequenting Paradise's new $0.02/$0.04 limit hold 'em games, I have bluffed myself out of having to show down several times.

To be fair, though, the game normally has to meet three conditions for it to work.
1) The game is shorthanded. Five players or less. By the turn, I'm up against three or fewer players.
2) The people I'm up against have seen me fold (a lot), and they're not entirely stupid, just passive.
3) I generally only try it from late position when a scare card hits or when the river is checked to me after I showed early strength.

I wouldn't dare try bluffing against six players determined to see the river but this isn't always a function of the limits. You can find full play-money ring games where only three or four players are seeing the flop and low-limit ($5-$10) games where nearly everyone does. When and how often you bluff depends on who you are playing and what the game is like more than it does the limits. Rules are nice, but you have to be able to adjust them to the table conditions.

ZManODS
03-02-2004, 11:20 PM
This is such a vague question. You expect an actual response? Heres one, try bluffing all 9 oppenents.

Honestly, it depends on how the hand plays out, limit/no limit, the board, oppenents... the list goes on.

Before learning how to bluff, learn the fundamentals of the game. Hope this helps.

webiggy
03-03-2004, 03:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Before learning how to bluff, learn the fundamentals of the game. Hope this helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Zman's post may seem a bit glib, but this is sound advice. Learning the philosophy behind solid play is essential befor one can bluff effectively and why bluffs work in certain situations.

Pure bluffing should be done very very rarely and should hardly be a factor in your game. Semi bluffing on the other hand is a different story, but is usually only effective against a limited number of opponents.

There are ways to bluff hands and times to do it, but you need to understand how your opponents play and under what circumstances you can expect them to fold a hand in order to attempt a proper bluff.