PDA

View Full Version : Harmony Poker - Week 6 (bad news)

nykenny
03-01-2004, 01:16 AM
finally, the losing streak started! Since Monday I had 2 losses in a row (3 including the B&M session)! This hasn't happened since the very beginning of November when I started to keep online records!

Check out my poker log (http://www.sillymelon.com/dblist.asp?table=pokerlog&f1=0&f2=2&f3=3&f4=1&f5=4 &sortby=gdate&sorttype=desc&where=pid='nykenny'%20 AND%20gdate>'2-22-2004') (i developed using ASP + SQL, and u welcome to use it).

While slightly discouraged by the losses, I was also unable to put in some serious hours to try to recoupe. Project reached deadline at work, and presentation was due in school. Made plans for the weekend so there is no poker until Sunday evening, then it was too late. During the Sunday session, I was ahead 1200 in the first hour and wanted to quit, because I just really wanted not to lose again. However, i didn't. I played on and try to put in a little more time. guess what, I lost back some and quit as a 855 winner at the end of 2.5 hours.

I sensed a little tilt on the Tuesday session. Luckily I quit before it was too late. Losing -1800 was hard to swallow, but pressure from work, school and social life was taking its toll. So i gave in and didn't play on as i felt i needed to.

One really interesting thing is that when I went to Playstation after meeting my buddy Vitaly (vkotlyar) for dinner, I realized I played much much tighter live than I used to. Could this have been a result of multi-tabling online?

In conclusion, I lost $1110 this week to make it my first losing week since late October 2003...

So the losing streak starts...

Ulysses
03-01-2004, 02:03 AM
The cool thing about weeks is there's always a new one starting within a few days. Kick some butt this week, kenny.

GuyOnTilt
03-01-2004, 04:10 AM
Maybe you should stop choosing online tables that have other 2+2'ers at them. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Honestly though, from playing a few hours with you this week, you seem to be a serious limp-a-holic. I haven't gone through all the hand histories, but I do remember a T9o limp from MP after 1 limper. That's pretty ugly, Kenny. I don't know what other trash you were limping in with, but you were doing it a lot. Maybe you just got a huge run of suited connectors and medium pocket pairs, but I'm guessing you're just very, very, very, very loose/passive preflop.

Anyways, hope this next week goes well for you! It seems a lot of 2+2'ers have had a bad week online. Except me. I decided to take my lumps back at the beginning of the month, and have been running average ever since. Keep on pokering!

GoT

CrackerZack
03-01-2004, 10:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It seems a lot of 2+2'ers have had a bad week online.

[/ QUOTE ]

Count me in although a 15 min tear in my last 100 hands clearing an empire bonus put me barely in the black. I play for peanuts and bonuses online though so I don't care that much. Live though after losing my horseshoe the last day of a borgata trip, i was glad to see it had come back this weekend.

nykenny
03-01-2004, 11:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but I'm guessing you're just very, very, very, very loose/passive preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am NOT, but I WAS. does this explain?

I do hope the image sticks tho /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Kenny

nykenny
03-01-2004, 11:47 AM
Thanks Ulysses.

I will, and I probably WILL. good luck at the tables for you too. Hey, it feels good to get some sympothy from fella 2+2rs /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kenny

MRBAA
03-01-2004, 12:06 PM
Are you the Kenny that used to work at P/S (from Queens I think). If so, I don't know if you play good or not, but you were pretty funny.

nykenny
03-01-2004, 12:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you the Kenny that used to work at P/S (from Queens I think). If so, I don't know if you play good or not, but you were pretty funny.

[/ QUOTE ]
The only work i do is as a System Developer for a wall street company. However I am from Queens and pretty funny at the tables /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kenny

ps. who are u?

MRBAA
03-01-2004, 01:25 PM
There was a kenny there, from queens, asian but he definitely also worked for the club and played in the 10-20. He was pretty mouthy and funny. I'm an infrequent 4-8 player - wish I could get there more often.