PDA

View Full Version : 10 - 20 Hold'em Hand

BRIAN_1221
03-01-2004, 01:06 AM
Late Position and I have K /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif (2) middle position players limp. I raise, small blind folds, big blind and the limpers call. 4 players in the pot, $85
Flop 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Everyone checks to me and I BET, Everyone calls
Turn 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif
Big Blind Bets, the 2 middle limpers fold
I raise with a hope that he'll fold, but if he does call I hope to check it down at the river.
Big Blind re-raises
I call (not sure if I should have done that)
River: 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Big Blind Bets, I call and the big blind turns over 47 for a straight... Tell me what you guys thinks!

sucka
03-01-2004, 01:45 AM
uhhh....

seriously man, how else do you think you possibly could have played this hand. Everyone checked to you and you bet and the guy caught his gutshot.

When you get bet into on the turn by the BB on a board like this and he 3-bets it - you are likely behind to 2 shitty pair (say he had something like 56), a set, or the wacko straight.

Your play on the turn here depends largely on what your read on this particular player was, which you mention nothing about.

Pretty typical hand man - everyone here's seen this hundreds of times...

astroglide
03-01-2004, 02:11 AM
i would have raised the river

glen
03-01-2004, 02:12 AM
"Pretty typical hand man - everyone here's seen this hundreds of times..."

Yow sucka, it's his first post, maybe he just found the forum. /images/graemlins/wink.gif. In any case, I'm surprised you didn't question his call on the river, as I think this is almost always a no-brainer here.

elysium
03-01-2004, 06:40 AM
hi brian
there are those who will say that they could put your opponent on the straight. well, you and i know better. you played it fine. on the turn though brian, you see, what you're looking for are any draws beginning to develop that your opponent could possibly be betting. now, there is one such draw developing; we're not talking about the a completed straight; and the draw that's developing is a double gut with 78. but that's not the draw we're looking for. you tend not to consider double guts as a possible developing draw, although, here brian, this particular double would give your opponent the nuts. at any event, you're usually looking for a straight and flush both on board, when considering the possibility that your opponent may be bluffing. if you raised based on the developing double gut, because this one is particulary strong; notice the three gap between the two highest cards brian, whew....those are the best double guts; well yea, i can go along with the raise in that case. however, i do not think that you raised based on your belief that your opponent was betting a developing draw, and for all intents and purposes, this board is not double coordinated. it's still single coordinated +.

your opponent here, therefore, is unlikely bluffing. remember something, when your opponent does a sudden reversal on a singularly coordinated board, unless his image is way loose, you should ascribe that opponent as having a fairly good hand. i would think 2 pair here. since your hand can improve, you should allow it to do so as cheaply as possible. if, on the other hand, a flush draw had developed, unless your opponent is weak tight or a calling station type, the raise for some of the reasons you indicated would have been fine. that isn't what we had here, but, there was a double gut that just so happens to be the type of double that you could consider he may be betting, but even then brian, the board would have to have a big scare card on to really inspire his reversal bet-out. on these single coordinateds, you want to ascribe on the high side and call the sudden reversal.