PDA

View Full Version : Big Surprise - TGC

josie_wales
02-29-2004, 06:02 PM
The $15,000 tourney is about to start and.... Boom...The site is down.

Damn.

jw

PokerNoob
02-29-2004, 06:08 PM
Typical luck.

It looks as though there was some sort of coordinated attack on the online poker sites. Some sites appear to have the technology to deal with it and some don't. Prima being in the "don't" category.

UncleDuke
02-29-2004, 06:09 PM
Yep, sounds like some other sites are back up, but no luck here for me either. Depressing.

propran
02-29-2004, 06:25 PM
i called they say it will be resch. in 1 to 2 hours when the site comes back up im also in it

PokerNoob
02-29-2004, 06:35 PM
Well, I'm going out to dinner, hope I don't get blinded off.

josie_wales
02-29-2004, 06:45 PM
Cool thanks guys!

If anyone notices its back up let me know...

jw

SlyAK
02-29-2004, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the info. Hopefully it gets sorted out soon, but the site has been AWFUL all weekend, so dont count on it....

Sly

PokerNoob
02-29-2004, 08:15 PM
Well, back from dinner and its still down.

Pizdets
02-29-2004, 08:25 PM
its back up

josie_wales
02-29-2004, 08:33 PM
Yep
It is up. And everyone has 1000, and the blinds are starting at 600-1200...this is just great
jw

UncleDuke
02-29-2004, 08:36 PM
Yep, I saw that too. It was whizzing through about 5 hands per minute since few people were there. I have to assume they'll restart it from the beginning. If not, they're going to have a lot of people yelling at them, me for one.

PokerNoob
02-29-2004, 08:40 PM
Well, I'm on table 9 and just busted 3 people out on one hand with KQo. Now its just sitting there with nobody at the table.

"This is as useless as henshit on a pump handle"

SlyAK
02-29-2004, 08:44 PM
Ok, so the site comes back up, and I have 800 some chips left when I get in. Blinds are 600/1,200... yeah crap shoot baby!! I push in w/ KQ and lose to the big blind's Ten something, 80 chips left, (I am not quite sure why I have any left but ok). I get some money back when all including the SB fold to my BB, so up to 680 chips. Next in the SB I get J6... folded to me, (most players arent aware the tourney has started of course). I move in, and the BB has Q6. I am glad that I kept my Sunday open for this debacle /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Sly

Pizdets
02-29-2004, 08:48 PM
This is rediculous i log in and forced to go all in on my first hand and bust out.
Many people will be leaving TGC/Prima after tonight unless they restart it or do something to compensate the players.

PokerNoob
02-29-2004, 08:48 PM
That sounds like a hand I was BB in. But it (was) going so fast I can't really tell what's going on. Name there is the same as here.

UncleDuke
02-29-2004, 08:49 PM
Ok, this isn't first hand, but one of the players said he called them (Prima, TGC, or someone), and they said they were going to restart the tourney "later." No word yet on when later is.

PokerNoob
02-29-2004, 08:53 PM
ARRRRGGGGG. I log off and log back on to find myself nearly blinded off. This sucks beyond all recognition.

PokerNoob
02-29-2004, 09:07 PM
Finished in 16th. Had A5s in SB, called a limper. Flop came down 95x, limper bet, I called. He had a nine and I get no ace or five.

PokerNoob
02-29-2004, 10:14 PM
Well, its over and the prize money is in my account. I feel fortunate that I was able to connect right after the tourney started and was able to catch some cards on those first few all-in hands when the blinds = stacks. I'm a little miffed that I took three people all in for a huge chip lead, only to be presented with an empty table after the chips came my way. I waited for awhile before I closed the client and restarted to find myself down to 2nd smallest stack and unable to catch up.

I would imagine that they are going to replay the tourney since so many people got blinded off.

Pizdets
02-29-2004, 10:23 PM
The lobby says it is cancelled, support says it is cancelled, but they still pay out the prizes.
I wonder if they are going to take back the money from the winners accounts to fund that replay tourney.

Gaming Club guy please respond.

Gaming Club
03-01-2004, 01:14 PM
To all concerned who were playing in the Leap Year Loot freeroll. First off, our apologies for taking so long to respond to your posts. We've been rather busy trying to rectify the situation.

We experienced some technical difficulties with the tournament which resulted in us canceling the tournament, however, play continued and as such we had to take action to ensure fairness.

All affected players would have received email communication by now explaining the situation and providing details of the solution. We trust that you'll see our efforts to rectify the matter as taking your best interests into account, and also to promote fair play.

We'd like to finish off by saying that we're very sorry if you've suffered any inconvenience as a result and we trust that you'll find the solution satisfactory.

We'd invite you to send us a personal message if you have any questions, but we hope that giving you another shot will make it fair for everyone.