PDA

View Full Version : Flopping the nuts; $6-$12 @ the Borgata..little value..fun post

Mike Gallo
02-29-2004, 01:40 PM
I had the following hand earlier this morning at a good $6-$12 game at the Borgata.

I had a verbal altercation with the key villian in this hand. The villian normally plays stud, however his game broke so he found his way to our hold em game. I often see this player around and consider him one of the bottom feeders in the AC cardrooms. He angle shoots a lot and attempts to intimidate players with his trash talk.

Ironically whenever I get into an altercation with a player, I usually admininster some type of beat on the player I have the altercation with. Strange how these things work out. Fred G Sanford brought this to my attention and so far it has held true to form.

On to the hand. I get black Aces in late early postion and raise one limper. The player immediately to my left called my raise cold. A young woman gambler reraised and basically announced that she had a decent pair. Action gets folded to my nemesis in the small blind and he reraised. The player to my right who open limped called, I capped everyone called and five of us see the flop.

Flop comes KAA.

My nememis checks and the action gets checked to me. I bet the gambling woman calls my nemesis raises me, I call gambling woman calls. I got check raised and I held the mortal nuts. I do not things get better than this.

Turn 10 K A A

Nemesis bets, I raise, gambling woman thinks for a long time and turned her pocket 10's face up. She still hasnt called when the nemesis laughs and says to the gambler "I have you beat" and raises. The dealer declared her hand dead and let my nemesis's raise stand. I reraise and we went 8 ($96) raises on the turn before he just called. Had I smooth called, I would not have gotten in as many raises as I did.

River 4 10 K A A

Nemesis checked I bet he called and he through his KK at me after I tabled my quads.

I do not know what I consider luckier, flopping quads or having someone flop a second best monster that he cannot win with. I think the fact that I had a verbal altercation with this player led to his momentary lack of reason.

This hand played itself and has no real value, however I felt compelled to post this hand.

colgin
02-29-2004, 02:13 PM
Very nice hand!

[ QUOTE ]
I reraise and we went 8 ($96) raises on the turn before he just called.

[/ QUOTE ]

What hand did nemesis possibly put you on that he thought he could beat and that you would bet this way? Did he really think you were just jamming a straight here? Even if he didn't give you credit for quads how about AK? Unbelievable.

Mike Gallo
02-29-2004, 04:21 PM
What hand did nemesis possibly put you on that he thought he could beat and that you would bet this way? Did he really think you were just jamming a straight here? Even if he didn't give you credit for quads how about AK? Unbelievable.

I do not think he considered what I had. I further think that he allowed his emotions to get the better of him. I think the anger he felt towards me made him overplay his hand.