PDA

View Full Version : Nut straight from the BB

bakku
02-29-2004, 12:10 PM
3/6 live
MP sees about 80% of the flops, bets about 90% of the time when checked to, and calls down with any piece of the board
CO is tight aggressive

i'm dealt K /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif in the BB

preflop
MP limps, CO limps, i check

flop
9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

i check, MP checks?!, CO bets, i raise, both call

of all the times MP chooses to check..

turn
9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

i bet, MP calls, CO raises, call or 3-bet?

BigEndian
02-29-2004, 12:14 PM
Call. Check, call.

- Jim

bakku
03-01-2004, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3/6 live
MP sees about 80% of the flops, bets about 90% of the time when checked to, and calls down with any piece of the board
CO is tight aggressive

i'm dealt K /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif in the BB

preflop
MP limps, CO limps, i check

flop
9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

i check, MP checks?!, CO bets, i raise, both call

of all the times MP chooses to check..

turn
9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

i bet, MP calls, CO raises, call or 3-bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

i call

river
9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

i check, MP bets, CO folds?! and says outloud "crap, i bet he rivered the straight", i raise, MP calls and flips over K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

After the dealer splits the pot, CO goes "wow you had me all along, i thought i was ahead with top two pair on the flop"

Ok, looking back on this I have a few questions:
1. Who raises pf in this situation knowing the players I'm up against? Remember, CO only limped in.
2. I may be thinking retroactively, but I think I wussed out on the turn, anyone else think CO would have 3-bet the flop with the flush draw or would that have been an incorrect move on his part? Remember, MP has already cold called two bet, and he's sure to call two more when i cap the flop

devinthedude
03-01-2004, 01:13 PM
I think it was a bad time to checkraise the flop. Don't go getting fancy here, you hand is very vulnerable. Bet the flop. The rest of the hand was played fine.