PDA

View Full Version : Open Raising With 4 9o

Chris Daddy Cool
02-29-2004, 06:01 AM
Online 2/4

I post my blind in MP. It's folded to me, where I have 4d 9c and in a moment of temporary insanity I accidently click Raise instead of Check. DOH!

Button calls. SB folds. BB calls. 3 players.

Flop:
4s 5c Jc
BB checks to me. My hand is pretty damn weak, with bottom pair medium kicker. The only card that could have helped the Button or BB is the J.
Should I check or bet? I bet. Button calls. BB folds.

Turn: 4c
This is almost too good to be true I think to myself. I bet. Button raises. Uh oh.... AKc ?
What do I do? Call or Re-raise or fold? I call.

River: 4h
I check. He bets. I checkraise. He 3 bets. I cap.

He cusses me out for raising with 4 9.
He had JJ. Sorry dude.
Of course karma catches up to me and I have yet another losing online session. This makes over 200 BB lost in the past 2 days. Maybe I should take a break.

IlliniRyRy
02-29-2004, 09:58 PM
yeah if you're down 200 BB in two days, it's very very very likely that there's something wrong with your game and not just bad luck. Yeah that whole posting out of position raise was a bad play but it was understandable. It was folded around and you thought maybe you'd be able to pick up the pot.

Tosh
02-29-2004, 10:06 PM
You'll have to teach me that play sometime. Nice hand.

Chris Daddy Cool
02-29-2004, 10:07 PM
It has been a combination of both actually. The first 100 BB was due to crap cards and crap rivers. But by the 125-175 BB mark, I think I was tilting a bit and trying to outriver other people without proper odds. I have since cooled off and have made a nice recovery, but not quite 200 BB yet, but getting there.

Allan
02-29-2004, 10:21 PM
You should be raising unless there is no chance of stealing the blinds.

Allan