PDA

View Full Version : Odd play and ruling in blind defense.

slavic
02-29-2004, 05:28 AM
B&M 10/20 nutty(the room shall remain nameless)

UTG is a drunk maniac, he was an ok player, 9 drinks later he's on tilt like no man before. The odd thing is he's a bit weak tight from the turn on. Well he Jacks it confirming that he did take exactly two cards. This will be important. Folds to a CO poster who states he only got 1 card, the button and SB muck ahead of him. The dealer pitches him a card and as he leans back his missing card is found under his right elbow. Seems he had been drinking too. I call dead hand, the dealer agrees, the floor comes over and is leaning towards calling a mis-deal, then decides not to since action has occurred, the hand is dead. Since I'm the only one left to act I pitch in 4 chips with Q9o, not stellar but sure to be better than a random hand.

Oh now the fun part starts because we are suppose to see the flop. Well the dealer puts down a burn card, and the CO jumps in [remember his hand was killed] and say that the dealer can't burn the top card because the burn is in the muck. He tells him to pull a card out of the muck to burn. (of all the dumbest arguments to ever have) Well of course we call the floor back over, and I mention that the two players involved in the hand really don't care what happens just put a flop down. She then informs the table that the burn card has to come from the muck because otherwise it would ruin the pattern of the cards coming out. Now folks this is a big concern to me because of course my new Log(n) flop predictor survives only on certain natural order bio-rhythms and the fact that my partner in crime one seat to my left can hardly sit straight. Turn and burn 3 cards if you want just put a flop out, at the end of the day it's still random and we haven't got a clue what's coming.

So they finally decide on which card should have been the burn card that is now in the muck and fish it out [really it was priceless] we have a ceremonial burn and 3 plastic cards hit the felt[ok speed cloth] JTTr, I check raise the flop and UTG folds.

Was that really so hard?

Yes I was probably a bit out of line calling the dead hand, but the dealer looked a little confused by what happened. I think it was more shock by never having seen this come up before, of course weekend games always seem to have the unique happenings.