PDA

View Full Version : Another crying call.

anatta
02-28-2004, 10:37 PM
I have been showing down some crazy hands, and I am up for my biggest win ever after my previous days biggest loss ever. Overall, I think they think I am tight, but occasionally nutty.

Full game, but its 6 handed now, 20-40. I get AKs in SB. Tight, decent playing young Asian lady, raises in CO. Horrible Button cold-calls (no kidding, he has a fish tatooed on his arm! /images/graemlins/smile.gif). I three-bet, BB thinks and calls. Four see flop.

BB is loose, but good, aggressive post-flop.

Flop 9c 3d 2h. I bet, BB calls, Tatoo fish calls.

Turn is a King. I bet, both call.

River is a Jack. I bet, BB raises, Fish folds, I call.

I know I am paying off too much on the river. Like everyone, I hate folding the winner on the end. How many make this fold?

Garland
02-28-2004, 10:48 PM
Smells like KJ to me.

This is where knowing your opponents' tendencies helps a lot. If you can eliminate JJ because she didn't reraise preflop or raise the flop, then there are only so many hands she would call rather than raise.

So either she got AK and is slow playing the turn, or she has KJ as indicated by her action on the river, or she has a set and is slowplaying them.

I'd begrudingly fold this one, but this is on "feel". I certainly wouldn't let it go without staring her down for a good 30 seconds or so to see if I can't get a tell. Maybe try to get her to talk. Say what hand you think she has and see if she responds. People have a way of acting funny when you correctly read their hands.

Garland

astroglide
02-29-2004, 12:35 AM
i play online, so i make this fold somewhere around 1.5% of the time.