PDA

View Full Version : quick routine 10+1 heads up situation question

Jon34
02-28-2004, 07:37 PM
10+1 paradise S&G: Blinds are 250/500, I have about 3200 to his 6000 or so after the blinds are in.
I'm BB, he is dealer. I have A5o, he min raises me to 1000. He has been fairly aggressive, but its only like the 3rd or 4th heads up hand, so I cant be sure he's stealing w/junk. What do I do? I feel like calling is a bad idea, if I miss the flop I'm in big trouble. So its either a raise(push in, right?) or fold situation.
Whats the best move?
results in white.
<font color="white"> I push in, he calls w/ Q8o, rivers a queen, tourney over. I know the results have little to do with the right move, but the fact that I lost made me question the play, despite being ahead preflop. Should I be looking for a better spot?</font>

Bozeman
02-29-2004, 12:13 AM
Usually no, you can't be looking for a better spot. With almost 1/12 of the chips going to him if you fold, you can't afford to fold many good hands. Unless he is a complete chump, getting it all in with a 60:40 edge is great. (note: calling doesn't guarantee you this, since he could have a much better hand, but in most situations your hand will be a favorite over his range of hands)

Craig

Caveat: I don't really know what heads up in a 10+1 tourney is like, so you may face such chumpiness regularly. However, given that blinds have reached the 250/500 level before it got heads up, the chances that he is really bad are smaller.

kenski
02-29-2004, 12:59 AM
make the same move 10 times and if the odds are really 60:40 to your advantage, you win 6 times with a smaller stack.
If you know you are significantly better then him and can beat him more then 60% with the kind of disadvantage in chip you had, maybe you fold.

Given the situation you described, it is all in or fold for me there. You played him right and lost, what can you do?

I had almost the exact same situation today, but the chips were reversed in my favor. He called and lost. Now it's tied 1-1 /images/graemlins/smirk.gif