PDA

View Full Version : investing in film

ThePinkBunny
02-28-2004, 03:01 PM
my first low budget film, PIZZA: The Movie, is due to be out on DVD this may (you can view the trailer at www.pizzathemovie.com (http://www.pizzathemovie.com).

Now I funded this all myself, so it's budget is very modest, which will help it become a commercial success.

For my next project, I would like to seek investors. So I was wondering if anyone here, had any experience investing in a film, and if so what was that experience.

And also, what would make you consider investing in a film. Generally, films are of a high risk, high reward type of an investment.

Anyhow, anyones thoughts are appreciated.

Ray Zee
02-28-2004, 08:10 PM
generally investing in film is high risk- low reward as the principals tend to syphon all the profits away as expenses. only a fool would invest in film making without total control of the purse strings.

ThePinkBunny
02-28-2004, 10:44 PM
I do remember reading somewhere, where two producers got $100,000 from investors to make a film. Paid themselves $60,000 and made a $40,000 film. And it might be a common occurance, I don't know.

Maybe I think differently than most, but I couldn't find it in myself to ask investors for money, if I didn't believe it was a good investment. That's the main reason it is only my money going into this movie, I'm prepared to take a loss just to build up my credentials.

Ray Zee
02-28-2004, 11:15 PM
best bet make some with your first film and parlay it. or find a trusted friend and agree to a % of the gross plus a return of investment first from profits. then you get credibility. good luck as having a good heart is the first start for success.