PDA

View Full Version : A Fun Hand

Spyder
02-28-2004, 01:06 PM
This is a fun hand. Let me know if you think I played it well.

Table is $0.50/$1. There are 8 at the table. I'm new to the table and don't have any reads on any of the players yet.

I am sitting on the Button and there are 3 blinds.

Hero is on the Button and holds T /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG limps, EP1 raises, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO (3rd blind) folds, Hero calls, SB folds, BB calls; UTG calls.

Flop: Q /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, UTG bets, EP1 Raises, MP1 folds, Hero re-raises, BB folds; UTG calls, EP1 calls.

Turn: J /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG bets, EP1 folds, Hero raises; UTG calls.

Flop: 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG checks, Hero bets; UTG calls.

UTG shows J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero wins $15.50 with Royal Flush.'

I'm a newb, how did I do? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Spyder
aka Arachnyd at Party Poker

Kenshin
02-28-2004, 01:58 PM
<sigh> I have never caught a straight flush :-(. I dislike your preflop call though. Whenever you enter a pot, you must think about what your opponent might have. A normal EP raiser will have your KTs absolutely dominated. Thus, the pot must offer incredibly good odds to justify a call here (NOTE: the above statements do not apply against a loose player with poor raising standards). REMEMBER, YOUR HAND'S STRENGTH DEPENDS ACUTELY ON YOUR OPPONENTS HOLDINGS! You played the hand very well after the flop.

Spyder
02-28-2004, 02:21 PM
Hmmm....I'm on the Button, everyone limped, KTs is a group 4 hand....seems like a call is in order...maybe a raise?

Spyder

Kenshin
02-28-2004, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Hero is on the Button and holds T /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG limps, EP1 raises, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO (3rd blind) folds, Hero calls, SB folds, BB calls; UTG calls.

[/ QUOTE ] I am confused, I thought EP1 raised. If everyone limped I would have called in a loose game and raised in a tight one.

Spyder
02-28-2004, 02:38 PM
My mistake /images/graemlins/smile.gif You are correct.

However, according to HEFAP, On the Button, Group 4 hands qualify as raise-calling hands. Not to mention that after the betting was done, I had 4 to 1 pot odds, and when I called I was pretty sure I had 6 to 1 with good implied odds if I hit a flush. Yes, no, maybe?

Spyder

Kenshin
02-28-2004, 02:48 PM
hmmmm, I definately need a refresher in HEFAP. Do S&M advocate calling even EP raises on the button with group four hands? Regardless, I think you have an extremely marginal decision here. I would not call a raise without at least 5 players in the pot; however, I have a tendancy for excessive tightness. Also, I despise cold-calling.