PDA

View Full Version : AA 3-bet on the turn.

Nottom
02-28-2004, 02:34 AM
Party 3/6

I'm dealt AA in LMP and raise 2 limpers preflop. Everyone else folds and limpers call.

Flop: [ 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, T /images/graemlins/club.gif ]

Check, check, I bet. EP calls, MP Checkraises. I notice he has 1 BB left and decided to raise him on the turn and call.

Turn: [ 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]

EP checks, MP bets as expected and I raise. Now EP comes alive and 3 bets!

What do you do?

Bob T.
02-28-2004, 04:55 AM
I know I call down and lose, I just don't know if it is correct.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.

joker122
02-28-2004, 05:18 AM
LOL Bob, I couldn't have said it better. I'm waiting for the day when I don't call down here solely for the purpose of satisfying my curiousity.

Nottom
02-28-2004, 05:21 AM
Don't forget, MP is all in here so your curiosity will be satisfied even if you fold. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

SinCityGuy
02-28-2004, 05:35 AM
I wouldn't be worried about MP (all-in). I call down and wouldn't be too surprised to see a slowplayed TT or 88. However, at Party 3/6, I also wouldn't be too surprised to see king high.

I'll be interested in seeing the final results.

Nottom
02-28-2004, 04:22 PM
I can't remember ever folding in a spot like this before, but I decided to this time since I think I've been calling down too much when I'm beat recently (I certainly think that was a big part of my problem in the 5/10 SH games).

I'm not gonna reveal the results just yet, but hope my decision will inspire a bit more discussion about the hand.

LSUfan1
02-28-2004, 04:43 PM
I still new at this, so of course take this with a grain of salt. I think this depends on the 3-bettor. How is his play before this hand? If he is solid before this hand I may put him on a pocket pair and call him down, otherwise I cap the turn, and call one river bet. Destroy my suggestions as you will.

AceHigh
02-28-2004, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What do you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems unlikely EP is bluffing because he will have to showdown the hand and beat MP for the main pot. Would EP raise with 2 pair or worse here? If so with 13.5BB in the pot and possibly 8 outs you should call. The overlay is probably enough to make it profitable for the times he has the str8 or a set.

If I know EP to be a passive player I might fold here, otherwise against an unknown player or somebody who gets out of line sometimes, I probably call him down.

Nottom
02-29-2004, 03:37 AM
The river was another 6, not that it mattered.

EP had a very strangly played KK to beat MPs Tens and Sixes.

EVIL
02-29-2004, 04:31 AM
Unless EP is crazy, I think he very likely has a set. I'd fold.

EVIL
02-29-2004, 05:08 AM
Actually, I disagree with my own post.

I think it's likely enough that he'd do this with 2 pair that it's worth it to call and see the river card as you're getting 12.5:1 approximately. Even if you only have 5 outs (2 aces and 3 deuces), you only need to be getting 8:1 to make the call worthwhile. I would fold the river to a bet if unimproved, though.

EVIL
02-29-2004, 05:16 AM
Actually, I think I'd call a bet on the river even if unimproved. At that point, you'll be getting about 14.5:1, which means the likelihood of EP doing this with a hand you beat, like a smaller pocket pair, need only be about 6% or better.

In other words, I think I would just call the guy down, unless an ace came on the river, in which case I would bet or raise for value.