PDA

View Full Version : Empire sign up Bonus

JAque
02-28-2004, 01:24 AM
Does Empire have a 20% up to $100 signup bonus or only if you go through an affiliate?

thanks

JAque

namknils
02-28-2004, 01:44 AM
Go to www.bonuswhores.com (http://www.bonuswhores.com) and click on Empire. They will tell you how to get the 20% to $100 sign up bonus. They are not affiliates.

Jim Kuhn
02-28-2004, 01:52 AM
I am pretty sure that bonuswhores is an affliliate. They do have a pretty informative site. I have not checked it out for several weeks, but back then they seemed pretty up to date on their facts.

JAque
02-28-2004, 01:59 AM
It sounds like affiliate talk to me.

JAque

"Current Deposit Bonus Info: New players who sign up through us can get a 20% $100 maximum bonus."

Poker blog
02-28-2004, 04:24 AM
Bonuswhores is definitely an affiliate.

Alot of us are affiliates. I believe you can get the 20% up to $100 with an affiliate or without. Out of self-interest, I recommend using an affiliate.

HavanaBanana
02-28-2004, 06:26 AM
I recoment NOT using an affiliate (unless it is your wife or relative) because the rake at Party/empire is 12% or so higher than f.ex. Pokerstars, so the money you get back from the affiliate is basically the rake you pay more at Empire/Party.

Party/Emire upped the rake in December partly due to the affiliates taking millions out of the game.

And yes, Bonuswhores are affiliates.

Stew
02-28-2004, 09:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I recoment NOT using an affiliate (unless it is your wife or relative) because the rake at Party/empire is 12% or so higher than f.ex. Pokerstars, so the money you get back from the affiliate is basically the rake you pay more at Empire/Party.

Party/Emire upped the rake in December partly due to the affiliates taking millions out of the game.

And yes, Bonuswhores are affiliates.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense Havana, Ihave no problem with you advising others not to use affiliates b/c that indirectly influences the rake, thus driving it up. But, it is what it is and in my opinion, if someone can sign-up to a new site and get a rake kick-back from an affiliate, why shouldn't they? I mean I can understand if you were able to organize everyone in the internet poker world to quit using affiliates, thus proving to these sites that affiliates aren't necessary and then the rake may be lower b/c the sites aren't paying rake-back to affiliates that signed-up players. But that isn't going to happen.

Believe me, I wish when I started playing I had signed up through affiliates that offered me a rake kickback program b/c I sit here and pay the rake like everyone else and get nothing for it. The person next to me, who signed up through an affiliate that kicks back the rake, gets something back for their efforts, wouldn't you rather be Person B than me?

HavanaBanana
02-28-2004, 09:30 AM
As I said, make it someone close so you get ALL the money yourself, why pay someone for doing nothing, whilst it costs the poker community money because rakes are upped?

Stew
02-28-2004, 09:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
As I said, make it someone close so you get ALL the money yourself, why pay someone for doing nothing, whilst it costs the poker community money because rakes are upped?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh, I see what you are getting at and what your point is now. That makes sense.

As usual, solid advice.

OnlinePokerCoach
02-28-2004, 12:03 PM
You may need to go to through an affiliate, as the 20%/$100 offer is not immediately obvious from Empire's home page. That said, you will find the 20%/$100 offer at nearly all affiliates, many of whom will give you something in return for signing up with them. Happy hunting!

jek187
02-28-2004, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am pretty sure that bonuswhores is an affliliate.

[/ QUOTE ]

As others have noted, I'll just confirm, BW.com is an affiliate of many online poker rooms.

[ QUOTE ]
They do have a pretty informative site. I have not checked it out for several weeks, but back then they seemed pretty up to date on their facts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ty Jim. The site did become a bit dated for awhile there, but I've got all the pages except for ACR and AP up to date now. I should have those two done tomorrow night (provided my power stays on during the snow.)