PDA

View Full Version : Reason Why I Get Too Frustrated in 1/2 PP

Haupt_234
02-27-2004, 07:27 PM
Lately, according to my PT, posts, and bank roll for that matter, I am playing far too loose. So I try and tighten up for a fairly loose/passive $1/2 table.

Then this comes...

Party Poker 1/2 Hold 'Em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Hero raises, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP3 folds.

Turn: (6.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 bets, Hero raises, UTG+1 3-bets, Hero caps, UTG+1 calls.

River: (14.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 bets, Hero raises, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 18.25 BB

Results in white: <font color="white">UTG+1 shows 4d 3s (a straight, ace to five). Hero shows Ah As (three of a kind, aces). </font>

It is so hard to play disciplined and tight in a 1/2 game when it seems like every monster hand I get gets cracked, over and over.

Is it correct to loosen up at all through the lower limits? Just a tough beat?

Help /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Haupt_234

Tosh
02-27-2004, 07:41 PM
Do you complain when they call with nothing and don't hit ?

brian0729
02-27-2004, 07:51 PM
I am playing far too loose

Hero is CO with AA.

You can play this hand I wouldnt call you loose for playing here.

mike_wzrd
02-27-2004, 07:52 PM
I got beat up last time I answered one of these questions, but I'm trying to learn....

What are your expectations with AA against 4 callers in a loose game? According to my poker calculater, you are going to win 55% of the time against 4 random hands. Seems like a lot of people are expecting a higher win rate.

It was bad luck to catch the set and get busted by a straight, but that's what I figured was going to happen when I saw the raising on the turn. A lot of bad, loose players will call a raise with 43o.

brian0729
02-27-2004, 07:57 PM
I would have called the river, other than that I dont see many different ways to play.

It is so hard to play disciplined and tight in a 1/2 game when it seems like every monster hand I get gets cracked, over and over.

If you cant control your tilt, your not going to have a chance. When its going bad take a break, focus and get back at it when you feel up to it.

Is it correct to loosen up at all through the lower limits? Just a tough beat?

No you shouldnt and this is not a tough beat, it is just poker.