PDA

View Full Version : my personal online poker travesty

Victor
02-27-2004, 06:30 PM
I guess I just need to vent.

I play party and paradise low stakes usually 1-2 or .5-1. I generally do quite well and have been getting profit of about 50 a week. I play on my friend's rather communal computer at my frat house. For 4 yrs I trusted these guys apparently more than I should.

Initially about 130 disappeared from my party account. Well, I was livid and called party and bitched and for sure my account had been accessed at a time that I didnt thingk I was on. It was late on a night that I had drank a lot so I figured I had logged on in a black out state (wouldnt be the first time). Anyway, about a week later 10 disappears from my paradise account on a night I had been playing and drinking so I figured I must have lost more than I thought. Then the kicker came. I didnt play for 3 days and I come back and my paradise account is cleaned out for about 80 and my party is down another 50. I check hand histories and call party to get the ip address of the computer and sure enough someone had been accessing my account at that time.
Absolutely ridiculous that a person that I trust would take advantage of me like this. But the ironic part is his actions were absolutely futile. There was no way he could win money since it was on my account. Clearly this person is an idiot to begin with if he loses that much money in a few hours playing 1-2.
So, my first instinct was to quit online poker. But I like poker and I like money and I want my money back. So, I told no one. (See, thats why I am posting this, I gotta tell someone cuz its eatin me up inside.) Anyway, with the help of a truly trusted friend (who doesnt play poker either) I hid a web cam that records all that occurs at that computer and I left my password and username entered so the next time this schmeg tries to "gamble" he will get "busted"

Anyway, thanks for listening.

PS party was very cooperative through the whole procedure and it seems they run an up and up service although it clearly was not their mistake and they were not required to give anything up.

peace

CrackerZack
02-27-2004, 06:34 PM
Actually, he could get the money if he set up his own account on party and transferred money from you to him.

fluff
02-27-2004, 06:35 PM
"So, my first instinct was to quit online poker."

Why would your first instinct be to quit online poker when it should've been to uncheck "remember password"?

symphonic
02-27-2004, 06:38 PM
As someone else said, dont quit playing, just dont uncheck the remember my account name and password button.

Victor
02-27-2004, 06:41 PM
true
but then i think he would need to be logged on to another computer so that both accounts can be on. then he would have to sit at the same table. i checked the hand history and he clearly wasnt dumping to any one player at the table.

Victor
02-27-2004, 06:45 PM
obviously
but i was a little disgusted by the situation.

and now, well, I wanna catch this turd so i hope my trap works.

Cubswin
02-27-2004, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, with the help of a truly trusted friend (who doesnt play poker either) I hid a web cam that records all that occurs at that computer and I left my password and username entered so the next time this schmeg tries to "gamble" he will get "busted"

[/ QUOTE ]

10 bucks says you get a feed of him busting one off before you get a feed of him playing poker /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Victor
02-27-2004, 06:50 PM
HAHAHAHA

Yea, I am certain of this too. I plan to use it as leverage to get him to pay me eventually.

Stu Pidasso
02-27-2004, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
true
but then i think he would need to be logged on to another computer so that both accounts can be on. then he would have to sit at the same table. i checked the hand history and he clearly wasnt dumping to any one player at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or he can email party pretending to be you asking them to transfer the funds to his account.

Stu

tpir90036
02-27-2004, 06:55 PM
you can just transfer money from one account to another. there is no need to do any sort of sophisticated chip dumping scheme. your story is unfortunate...but at the same time why wouldn't you change the password and turn off the auto-login feature. fooled once, shame on them. fooled twice, shame on you. fooled thrice, get a clue and i don't feel sorry for you anymore. sorry if it sounds like i am being a d*ck...i am not trying to be. good luck...

Victor
02-27-2004, 07:00 PM
I see what you are saying. But, I did not realized I was fooled the first two times, so I guess I was being extremely dumb and naive.

But, he did not transfer this money into his account. I have all the hand histories from both sites. He played and lost this money in live play.

VeryTnA
02-27-2004, 07:05 PM
I think you have an even bigger problem.
Drinking may be something you really need help with.
You probably lost the money. Remember..... [ QUOTE ]
I had logged on in a black out state (wouldnt be the first time)

[/ QUOTE ] If you are not smart enough to change passwords after the frist "missing" money.....
I've said enough. Get the idea?

namknils
02-27-2004, 07:12 PM
Sorry to hear your story, I understand why you need to vent. I hope you catch the guy, but as cubs alluded to, I wouldn't want to look over the footage of a frat house's "communal" computer. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif I'm sure you like these guys you live with but can you really trust a houseful of frat guys? Especially with money involved.

Victor
02-27-2004, 07:16 PM
thanks for the support

obviously i shouldnt have been so naive.

but the thing is, he didnt steel my money. he just lost it. the only ppl that benefited were those sitting at his table.

CrackerZack
02-27-2004, 07:44 PM
you don't have to be logged in to the recipients account. I've transfered money to people a couple of times and neither time was the other person logged in.