PDA

View Full Version : Phone card to deposit on Party?

CountDuckula
02-27-2004, 05:58 PM
I was looking over the deposit options at Party, and noticed that one of them was "Cash Connection Link", a phone card. They listed a store in Dracut, MA (which is a reasonable drive from where I work) as an agent selling those, so I thought I'd check it out; I thought it would be a nice way to put a few bucks into my BR without having it show up in my bank or credit card statements (ahem; my wife is "encouraging" me to stick with Monopoly money games, but I don't think I get enough experience playing those, and I'm trying to learn to be good at this... /images/graemlins/grin.gif). Well. I show up, and the clerk has no clue what I'm talking about. She said they had AT&T/T-Mobile, Alltel, Boost, and a few other random cards; but she didn't know what this one was. Has anyone used this, and does it go under some other name that the clerk might have recognized?

I was considering Western Union, but they seem rather expensive, and I feel a bit funny about wiring $100 or more to some random person in Ecuador.

-Mike

CrackerZack
02-27-2004, 06:06 PM
do you have money out there on any site? if so you can fund a neteller account from that site and move money around that way.

CountDuckula
02-27-2004, 06:07 PM
At the moment, no; I would do it that way if I could. But thanks.

Jim Easton
02-27-2004, 09:27 PM
You can deposit cash to Neteller if there is a Bank of America or Nation's Bank close to you. Just make the deposit (it is a California acct.), then fax the deposit slip and your acct. information. I did it that way because it was so much faster than waiting the week or so for the funds to be available in Neteller (the funds were available less than an hour after I faxed the information). Look on the Neteller site for the details.

CountDuckula
02-27-2004, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You can deposit cash to Neteller if there is a Bank of America or Nation's Bank close to you. Just make the deposit (it is a California acct.), then fax the deposit slip and your acct. information. I did it that way because it was so much faster than waiting the week or so for the funds to be available in Neteller (the funds were available less than an hour after I faxed the information). Look on the Neteller site for the details.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the tip, but although I see "Bank Deposit" as an option in the Deposit tab, when I click on "Get Instructions", it seems to loop me back to the same page I'm already on. Clicking on "View Info" leads me to a page that talks about InstaCash, EFT, Bank Wire, etc., but I don't see any info about the Bank Deposit option there. /images/graemlins/confused.gif Am I looking in the wrong place?

-Mike

Jim Easton
02-27-2004, 10:14 PM
Select Get Instructions, then select "I understand and agree to these terms of use." That gets you to a page with this information:

Banking Information

Making a Bank Deposit
Please contact our customer service at 1-888-258-5859 or by email at support@neteller.com to receive this information.

For Canadian Banking Information, please Click Here.

For US Banking Information, please Click Here.

After making your deposit into one of our bank accounts please fax us the deposit slip toll free at 1-888-678-2128. Be sure to include branch name and direct phone number in your fax. Once we receive your fax, please allow up to 30 minutes for us to verify the cash funds. We will then credit your NETeller account. To verify your fax or if you have any questions regarding your bank deposit please call 1-888-258-5859.

PuppetMaster
02-27-2004, 10:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was looking over the deposit options at Party, and noticed that one of them was "Cash Connection Link", a phone card. They listed a store in Dracut, MA (which is a reasonable drive from where I work) as an agent selling those, so I thought I'd check it out; I thought it would be a nice way to put a few bucks into my BR without having it show up in my bank or credit card statements (ahem; my wife is "encouraging" me to stick with Monopoly money games, but I don't think I get enough experience playing those, and I'm trying to learn to be good at this... /images/graemlins/grin.gif). Well. I show up, and the clerk has no clue what I'm talking about. She said they had AT&T/T-Mobile, Alltel, Boost, and a few other random cards; but she didn't know what this one was. Has anyone used this, and does it go under some other name that the clerk might have recognized?

I was considering Western Union, but they seem rather expensive, and I feel a bit funny about wiring $100 or more to some random person in Ecuador.

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]
no record whatsoever...

CountDuckula
02-27-2004, 10:25 PM
Thanks, I've emailed support. I'm not getting there from the "Get Instructions" link; it just redisplays the same page, instead of giving me the page you describe. Oh, well! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Mike

CountDuckula
02-27-2004, 10:33 PM
I didn't know I could do that, actually. Thanks for the idea. You're talking about Party, I presume? Do I need to contact support for the address to send it to, or is it somewhere in the help pages?

-Mike

CountDuckula
02-27-2004, 10:41 PM
Ah, well; I emailed support, and they advised me that they no longer offer the Bank Deposit option. Thanks, though.

-Mike

Pokeraddict
02-27-2004, 11:05 PM
I used the phone cards on their website that take credit cards and it worked fine a while back. I had a big tournament hit and they let me withdraw it neteller no delays. Give it a shot.

CountDuckula
02-27-2004, 11:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I used the phone cards on their website that take credit cards and it worked fine a while back. I had a big tournament hit and they let me withdraw it neteller no delays. Give it a shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

What phone cards did you use? Basically, I have some cash I'd like to get into my Neteller or Party account (I don't much care which), without it showing up on either a bank statement or a credit card statement. The phone card sounded good, but when I went to the store listed and asked for a "Cash Connection Link" card, the clerk just didn't know what I was talking about. The Global Connect card sounds like what you're talking about, but since I have to fund it with a credit card, that doesn't accomplish what I want.

Thanks,
Mike

Jim Easton
02-27-2004, 11:27 PM
Bummer. It was over a year ago that I did it.

CrackerZack
02-27-2004, 11:48 PM
Let's make it real easy. Head to FW tomorrow, I'll be there, give my X dollars, and I'll give you X dollars on party. Problem solved /images/graemlins/smile.gif

CountDuckula
02-28-2004, 12:12 AM
LOL! Thanks, but I think I'll pass on that one. Nice offer, though. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Mike