PDA

View Full Version : UB Bonus Pig

goodguy_1
02-27-2004, 02:42 PM
I have $540 in Pending UB bonuses.Whats the fastest way to burn these points?
I play NL/LHE and PLO.
The pot averages still look
really lame in the NLHE/LHE games.

Lori
02-27-2004, 02:43 PM
I can do a UB bonus of $100 in 6 hours at 1/2 (three tables)

At 2/4 it should be quite a bit quicker.

Just make sure to start the table.

Lori

goodguy_1
02-27-2004, 02:46 PM
thnx Lori what are the rules on starting requirements ..I forget??

lostinthought
02-27-2004, 02:48 PM
I've had good luck starting tables - if you sit down, but click the sit out button, and wait for a couple of people to show, and then play short handed a little, the table will usually fill if it's at a busy time. You get double points for being the first or second person at a table.

So, if I can get a couple 2/4 to 3/6 tables going, the points rack up pretty quick (allowing you to collect the bonus faster). I've heard that 2/4 and 3/6 are the optimal limits there in terms of point collection/money wagered. Someone else can explain this if it's true.

I've also noticed that in the lower limits, the kill games tend to be looser than the normal ring games. I was clearing bonuses at UB and played there for awhile, and then went back to Party when I was done. Night and day difference between game selection.. wow

good luck

goodguy_1
02-27-2004, 02:52 PM
yes much better games at Party..but this is ridiculous..I got $500 in bonus..I must attack...lol

JTG51
02-27-2004, 03:13 PM
At 2/4 it should be quite a bit quicker.

Yes, it is. If I can get 3 games started it takes me less than 4 hours at 2/4.

Cosimo
02-27-2004, 03:32 PM
2/4 and 3/6 are indeed the optimal limit. The number of UB points you get per hand is capped at 1, for rakes of $1 or higher. 2/4 usually has an average pot over the $20 point, which is where the rake jumps to $1. On some hands, the pot will be lower and hence you'll get fewer points per hour. 3/6, if you can afford it, gets you the bonus just a bit faster (not 50%! more like 10%).

CrackerZack
02-27-2004, 03:50 PM
Honestly, its probably my biggest pet peeve when someone sits at a table, and sits out waiting for at least 4 people before they'll play. I usually sit down, then they click sit out, and i berate them. Then I'll go to another table, sit and wait for someone. If someone comes to the table with the person sitting out, I direct them to my other table so make sure the person sitting out doesn't get double points.

guppy
02-27-2004, 04:34 PM
relevant rules from Ultimatebet.com website:

Earn BONUS UltimatePoints™ for every raked hand!
Bonus UltimatePoints™ for each raked hand will be earned as follows …

Rake UltimatePoints™
$1.00 - $3.00 1.00
$0.50 - $0.95 0.50
$0.25 - $0.45 0.25
$0.05 - $0.20 0.10

Bonus UltimatePoints™ for raked hands will be credited to your Ultimate Player's Club account immediately upon leaving the table.

Earn BONUS UltimatePoints™ for starting real money games!
Be the first or second player to join any real money table with five or more seats and earn DOUBLE the UltimatePoints™ for the entire time you play at that table. So if you earned 10 UltimatePoints™ during this session, you will be credited with 20 UltimatePoints™ if you are one of the first 2 players seated.

Be the third or fourth player to join any real money table with five or more seats and earn 50% MORE UltimatePoints™ for the entire time you play at that table. So, if you earned 10 UltimatePoints™ during this session, you will be credited with 15 UltimatePoints™ if you are the third or fourth person to take a seat at the table.

Bonus UltimatePoints™ for starting games will be credited to your Ultimate Player's Club account immediately upon leaving the table.

lostinthought
02-27-2004, 04:37 PM
Sorry, but I honestly think you are being ridiculous.
I think it would be one thing if the person sitting down first or second insisted on waiting until there was 9-10 people to start, but I don't think that sitting down at a table commits you to playing heads up for an unknown amount of time. I do think that sitting down is kind of like saying, "hey I am interested in playing, who else is willing to sit down here instead of waiting on the list for 7 other people". Sometimes it just takes a couple people to get a whole table started. And that's what the extra ub points are for.

I don't mind playing short handed low limit, but I am usually more selective with who I play heads up. I don't know why you decide to be an ass to the person who wants to start a short hand game that will probably turn into a full game, but doesn't necessarily want to plays heads up with the first person that sits down. Save your energy for something more productive..

NOTE - if I do this, I click SIT OUT before anybody sits down.

crockpot
02-27-2004, 04:48 PM
if you play shorthanded well the best way is to start tables of 2/4 or 3/6. PLO is absolutely horrible for clearing bonuses, especially now that the games have tightened up. NLHE is also poor. i would recommend playing at least 2/4 or 3/6 LHE as long as you are good enough to beat it.

JTG51
02-27-2004, 04:53 PM
crock, I asked you this a few days ago, but the post got burried quickly and I don't think you saw it.

Are you by chance a big Cal Ripken fan?

thomastem
02-27-2004, 04:54 PM
Jazz,

Cracker and I have disagreed before but I, and my critters agree the kid here.

You are taking advantage of the spirit of the double or 50% increase in points. UB is giving that to start the table and play H2H and others then build the table. If they wanted you to sit out until 4 are playing they would pay the double points to 4th & 5th players and 50% to 6th and 7th.

They pay the points to encourage you to play short-handed till/so the table builds. Players doing what you do piss people off and UB eventually may take this bonus away completely.

This has angered me more than all-in abuse please stop it.

crockpot
02-27-2004, 04:56 PM
not a huge fan, although he was a true class act as a player and i'd like to see more stars in his mold rather than that of barry bonds.

why do you ask?

JTG51
02-27-2004, 04:59 PM
why do you ask?

I was visiting one of my favorite sites when I ran across this (http://www.baseball-reference.com/r/ripkeca01.shtml). Notice the yellow box. I thought it was a pretty funny coincidence.

Lori
02-27-2004, 05:10 PM
Honestly, its probably my biggest pet peeve when someone sits at a table, and sits out waiting for at least 4 people before they'll play. I usually sit down, then they click sit out, and i berate them

As it happens, I'll play three handed, but my standard reply is "This site has heads up tables, go play one"

Lori

goodguy_1
02-27-2004, 05:14 PM
thnx for the precise info. guppy.I'm gonna prop-lol I mean start multiple $2-4/$3-6 LHE games...only way to go...I'm gonna need more ammo thu.I need a G for this $500 will not do...

thomastem
02-27-2004, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, its probably my biggest pet peeve when someone sits at a table, and sits out waiting for at least 4 people before they'll play. I usually sit down, then they click sit out, and i berate them

As it happens, I'll play three handed, but my standard reply is "This site has heads up tables, go play one"

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Not as bad as waiting for 4 others but I think it still pushes the spirit of the bonus.

It's a good thing that I don't have zero tolerance on this issue or I would have to say "You are bad, very very bad, not nice." ....and then pull out a shotgun and ban you from life forever. /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Lori
02-27-2004, 05:40 PM
I think you understimate the spirit of the bonus.

Sitting around for 30 mins to an hour waiting whilst impatient heads up sharks come and go and swear is deserving of double points in my opinion.

I've tried playing heads up, and what usually happens is that as soon as someone else arrives, your first opponent leaves to find another heads up game.

I say "Waiting for three" or similar and then they know where they stand.
Usually a game starting with three will keep going, but most with two are doomed to fail.

I don't understand why people would expect someone sat at a ten handed table to play heads up.
I used to go around picking on players at Paradise and play them heads up, it was very profitable in terms of BB/hr at the bottom tables, but I didn't feel at any point that they were obliged to play me.

Lori

CrackerZack
02-27-2004, 05:53 PM
I must be the luckiest man alive. I've started somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 tables from 2-4 to 5-10 on UB while clearing bonus and have never run into a heads up shark that sat down and got up when other players sit down. I'm not trying to be sarcastic (well, not too sarcastic /images/graemlins/wink.gif), I honestly have never seen it.

I'm completely with TT on this one and think it ruins the spirit of the bonus. You wanna play 3-4 handed only, find a table with 2 or 3 players playing. I may be a bit influenced because I believe myself to be an above average heads up player. I don't have a lot of proof because the only times I really play are on UB starting tables and getting HHs is too much of a hassle but I do alright. This is countered by the fact that I'm a lousy SH player (4-6 total player) so I have my window of discomfort also but I don't sit out through it.

Also, UB only has heads up tables for PL that I saw when I was looking for my match with amby or redhotman.

Lori
02-27-2004, 05:56 PM
I must be the luckiest man alive. I've started somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 tables from 2-4 to 5-10 on UB while clearing bonus and have never run into a heads up shark that sat down and got up when other players sit down.

Try it at .5/1 or 1/2, it happens as often as not.

If it were a case of battling for 5-10 minutes heads up waiting for players I'd be more than happy to do it and I'd agree with you, but this just isn't how it works down there.

Lori

thomastem
02-27-2004, 05:59 PM
I agree. Let me give an equation to make sure I'm understood.

Putting affiliates like for example "Inthacup" in the came category as Cyndie and Eugeneel= zero tollereance or:

Inthacup + 0 = Cyndie or Eugeneel

Cyndie + Eugeneel + Cup + whatever = All Affiliates zero toll.

Cup + answering a PM = good bye valuable poster

This would contradict your equation of:

Lori+waiting for 2 doesn't = Moron waiting for 4 others because logic and tolerance for degrees is used.

Very good point Lori

CrackerZack
02-27-2004, 06:00 PM
Out of curiosity and the fact that I have a lot of bonus dollars still there, I will. But what I don't get is, if they're really sharks, why play at those levels? why wouldn't they hit up 3-6 and up? It just seems counterintuitive. This was a common phenomena at Prima also from what I remember and made me hate playing 4 handed there because I knew the game wouldn't fill. I will check it out though and maybe I'll stop berating the sit-outers, but will still direct people away from their table. Seems like a fair compromise in my mind. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lori
02-27-2004, 06:01 PM
Also, UB only has heads up tables for PL that I saw when I was looking for my match with amby or redhotman

Strangely the only ones I can't find now I've gone to double check, are the PL ones.

I'm completely with TT on this one and think it ruins the spirit of the bonus

Four handed I'll give you, but three handed, the two sitouts were still the first two there, and I don't see that it matters if they are playing or not.

Lori

CrackerZack
02-27-2004, 06:02 PM
/images/graemlins/confused.gif

could this be translated? babelfish couldn't do it.

CrackerZack
02-27-2004, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Strangely the only ones I can't find now I've gone to double check, are the PL ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm hung over today so forgive my slowness, but are you saying they have limit and NL heads up tables now, but no PL? if so, wtf is going on over there. I know there were only PL whenever amby challenged me.

Lori
02-27-2004, 06:05 PM
Out of curiosity and the fact that I have a lot of bonus dollars still there, I will. But what I don't get is, if they're really sharks,

It's not so much about them being sharks, as them thinking they are, either way, the game doesn't get going.
I have +EV against most of these people heads up, but If I'm trying to do a $100 bonus, the last thing I want to do is lose it in 10 mins of heads up play against someone who might not even stay. (My record is -$211 in 11 minutes which makes the next six hours kinda less fun)

maybe I'll stop berating the sit-outers, but will still direct people away from their table. Seems like a fair compromise in my mind

I'd go for that.

Lori

Lori
02-27-2004, 06:08 PM
I'm hung over today so forgive my slowness, but are you saying they have limit and NL heads up tables now, but no PL? if so, wtf is going on over there. I know there were only PL whenever amby challenged me.

Not only do they have them, but I believe they were the first of the big four to ever have them (Possibly Paradise beat them to it)
I found the PL, they are at the bottom of the list.

Certainly I stopped playing heads up against onlinechamp at 1/2 about 2 years ago before he 'hit the big time' because the rake was just ridiculous. (or is that rediculous, I don't understand all my American spellings yet)

Lori

lostinthought
02-27-2004, 06:13 PM
First, we're talking about 'the spirit of the bonus' yet at the same time, all that ultimate bet requires you to do sit down. If they had more of an imposing spirit they would enforce it, I think. (like Partypoker insisting that I am not eligible for a FEBRELEASE bonus, although somehow other people here with similar playing histories are)

Second, I still think four people is fine, although I will play with three. I agree with Lori, There are heads up tables for those who want to play heads up.

Third, we are talking about Ultimate Points, right? They're just POINTS. Besides clearing bonuses faster, they're just a token way of saying, "Thanks for letting us make a shitload of money of you by taking rake with a computer dealer." Who really is going to have enough points to cash in for the Harley? Or the 10,000$? Not too many people. Now, if I was a prop player (paid DOLLARS not POINTS) for the hour, I would feel some obligation to play with whoever sits down heads up. But that is a contracted agreement/situation. Not a voluntary program, like UB's sitdown extra points program.

Fourth, please - if you are smart enough to post and play on this forum, spend you're energy doing something more productive (like reading HPFAP) instead of worrying about people earning extra UB points.

The only reason I brought this up was that the original poster was asking ways to clears bonuses at UB faster. Other than that, I don't care much.
I'm done with this.

cheers

Lori
02-27-2004, 06:17 PM
if you are smart enough to post and play on this forum, spend you're energy doing something more productive (like reading HPFAP) instead of worrying about people earning extra UB points.

That'll be the other forums /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thankfully after recent events, we now have the time here to discuss things on a somewhat lower level until the next crisis occurs.

Lori

thomastem
02-27-2004, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First, we're talking about 'the spirit of the bonus' yet at the same time, all that ultimate bet requires you to do sit down. If they had more of an imposing spirit they would enforce it, I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

This argument can be made by those that wish to abuse the all-ins at sites. Hmmmm I don't believe the forum would let an all-in abuser say "well if it's not in the spirit on this site then the site wouldn't allow it as other sites have stopped it."

Would you let all-in abusers say this? Then why can sit-out abusers say it? /images/graemlins/cool.gif

BigEndian
02-27-2004, 06:22 PM
For the UB bonus whore virgin, what you talkin bout Willis?

- Jim

thomastem
02-27-2004, 06:23 PM
I hope you guys really understand the sitting out isn't a big deal to me. The Houston Astros are though. Anyone wanting a piece of Enron let me know!

lostinthought
02-27-2004, 06:33 PM
There is a big difference between somebody using all in abuse on,for instance, a $2000-$5000 NL table and not having to call a pot size bet on the river then someone collecting an extra 40 Ultimate Bonus Points because they waited 10 hands for a third person to show up. That's why. In principle, there is not much of a difference, but in terms of results of the actions, it makes a big difference.. (remember the other part of my post POINTS not DOLLARS!)

I don't actually care about the spirit of the UB bonus point system anyways.
If you have a problem with people sitting out until there is 3-4 people, get over it, sit at another table. There is no reason for someone like CrackerZack to berate them though. (BTW - I haven't been berated, and if he did, I would just choose ignore chat)

I respond because I don't want to be wrongly taken for promoting all-in abuse. Besides that, get a life.. really..

I skim the internet forum because it can be really invaluable in terms of bonus updates, new site credibility, etc.

But to be making a big deal about ultimate points is ridiculous..

I am really done this time.

thomastem
02-27-2004, 06:48 PM
Jazz,

I think you are right and people should be tolerant. Good point. I guess I'll go to the store and purchase a life now. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Good luck at the tables.....and I hope I haven't offended you, just healthy discussion in my odd critter way. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

thomastem
02-27-2004, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For the UB bonus whore virgin, what you talkin bout Willis?

- Jim

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you realize if I used the exact same words in your quote I would be reported to the mod? It already happened. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif