PDA

View Full Version : 77 raised pot

King High
02-27-2004, 12:11 PM
10/20 Foxwoods Im in lp with 77. The table is tight with good players for the most part. UTG+1 bets Its raised and called by 4 including me the button raises all complete 7 players. Very unusual for this table.

Flop 7JQ rainbow checks to me I bet. The button raises all but 1 call.
Turn is a 10
It gets checked to me I check (Is this a Mistake should i bet) button bets 5 callers I call (Raise here?)
River 3 no flush draws checked around I check button bets.
All fold but me I call He shows AQ
Nice pot!

Please give me some input I won but gave some free cards but I could have been beaten by a lot of hands i am aggresive most of the time but this seemed like A hand that could have been slowplay by at least 1 other player thoughts. Thanks

Diplomat
02-27-2004, 01:33 PM
The way you write the pre-flop action is a little confusing, but assuming the action when something like: You call, UTG+1 calls, another couple people call, the button raises, you call, someone else raises, the button caps, you call, seven to the flop. If that's the case, it's not too bad, but if the game is tough and tight I would advocate either open raising or open folding with 77 UTG.

It would be easier to provide some thoughts on this hand if you write out the actions taken in order. As it is right now, I find it pretty confusing. From what I can draw out though, it looks like you played your hand quite passively.

-Diplomat

SoBeDude
02-27-2004, 01:45 PM
With 6 opponents already calling two preflop, this is an easy 3bet for value. (if I read it right)

3bet the flop 100% of the time here. This is a dream situation where you get to stick it to the whole field trapped between you and the button.

gotta bet the turn.

You left a LOT of money on the table that should've gone in your stack.

And if you think 3 'good, tight' players will call 2 cold preflop after an UTG+1 raise in one hand, I might reevaluate your assessment of 'good, tight' players.

-Scott

Softrock
02-27-2004, 02:14 PM
Paricularly when running bad most of us will sometimes get in the mindset of worrying that someone holds the perfect hand to beat us. Were you afraid of AK? Surely that could've been out there but with a hand as powerful as a set of 7s you've got to keep making them pay until you're given greater reason to believe someone is actually holding a superior hand. Yes, you lost multiple bets that you should have won.

turnipmonster
02-27-2004, 02:14 PM
when you check the turn, and the button bets, you need to raise! the only reason to call on the flop is to raise the turn.

--turnipmonster

King High
02-27-2004, 04:02 PM
I know you right about raiseing the turn I dont want to give free cards to draws. But with all the calls I thought someone had trip Qs or Js Ak k9 but I was just paranoid I guess. I know UTG had KK should he have capped it pre flop?

Thanks