PDA

View Full Version : two 6-12 AK hands

Schmed
02-27-2004, 10:59 AM
Hand 1

EP2 calls, mp1 calls, folds to me as I just sit down at the table in the CO and look down and see A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif k /images/graemlins/diamond.gif I raise, button calls, blinds fold, ep & mp call.

Flop

Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

EP bets, mp calls, I raise, button calls, ep & mp call.

Turn

8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

checked to me, I check, button checks.

River

A /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Checked to me, I bet, button calls, ep calls, mp folds

Hand 2

2 hands later, EP calls, mp1 calls, I'm in MP2 and have A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif k /images/graemlins/heart.gif, I raise, folds to button who 3 bets, ep calls, mp1 lag raises, I call, all call.

Flop

A /images/graemlins/club.gif 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked to me, I bet, button raises, ep calls, mp1 3 bets, I cap, all call.

Turn

8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

checked to me, I check, button bets, ep calls, mp1 calls, I call

River

2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

checked to me, I check, button bets, ep calls, mp1 calls, I raise, all call.

Schmed
02-27-2004, 07:04 PM
clearly another one of my posts that everyone was waiting on pins an needles for the results... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hand 1

My ace was good. Surprisingly enough the guy on the button had the KQ. My plan from the start on that hand was to buy my free card so when I had a chance to take it I did. I was worried about the button flat calling my raise on the flop and expected him to fire.

Hand 2

I don't know if I offended the guy sitting on my right with my purchase of a free card two hands earlier but after that no matter what if he limped in and I raised behind him he was going to lag raise. (When I sat down the guy had like 300 in chips in front of him...an hour and a half later if he had 60 I would have been surprised). I would cap everytime he lag raised after that....much to the displeasure of the rest of the table. Actually what wound up happening was that my raises were getting so much respect that if he lagged and I raised it was going to be heads up.

My 2 pair was good. All the betting had me worried about QJ but I later found out that this was one of my first B&M experiences with two maniacs at my table. The button did have a hand, K10, the lag raiser had the A3 of spades, I have no clue what the other's were calling with. One of them probably had the flush draw. Hey as bad as it can be with maniacs I caught some cards and made a nice chunck.

Haupt_234
02-27-2004, 07:10 PM
I think you played both hands well.

Good use of the free card in hand #1, luckily the button didn't ruin it by betting on the turn.

In hand #2, you weren't over-aggressive and I am taking pointers from the way you played this hand. I like the call down on 4th and 5th street, because your hand started to look slim after the capped betting off the flop.

Well played.

Haupt_234

onegymrat
02-27-2004, 08:06 PM
Hi Schmed,

I don't see the point of checking the turn after you just capped the flop in hand 2. If you feel you were ahead on the flop, what changed with the 8 on the turn?