PDA

View Full Version : Raise with a draw...

WyattErb
02-27-2004, 03:00 AM
holdem, 25-50, 8 players. i am on the button, holding KJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5players(including the blinds and me) see the flop which comes 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif
giving me an open end straight draw and a flush draw! the BB bets, evrybody calls.
Turn is 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif BB bets again, all call and raise, sb folds, so does on MP player.
river is the 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif evrybody check, i bet, BB calls all others fold. I take down the pot with my King high flush.
Reasonable raise on the Turn?

AJo Go All In
02-27-2004, 09:34 AM
raise preflop.
raise the flop.

bernie
02-27-2004, 10:45 AM
cap the flop!!!

what the hell are you waiting for?

b

ZeeJustin
02-27-2004, 05:02 PM
You will hit your hand more than 50% of the time, so you are getting odds to jam if it's heads up. Since you have many opponents, the jamming becomes even more necessary.

Dreamer
02-27-2004, 10:28 PM

elysium
02-28-2004, 01:25 AM
hi wyatt
that's a semi-bluff raise or a value raise, depending on what school you're from. you do have grounds for the raise. you don't have grounds for the semi, however.

if the game average/ good or higher in quality of ability, you should not raise the turn. if the game is average/ loose quality, then the raise on the turn is fine.

oh wait a minute. what? the question threw me, wyatt. you have a nut straight draw. there's no issue here wyatt. wyatt, if you see any issue to discuss in this post, you are the least optimistic 2+2 er in history.